Where do you live?

Hi Gordon. You very kindly did the survey for our house in Cambes 47350 about 4 years ago. The renovations are now complete and our pockets fairly dry!

Where does Jane do her teaching? We are looking for a class to improve our French.

Hope your move to our area went well and hope we might bump into you one day.![](upload://qUE2zKDQpXK0m8HBsG7gROXnGt9.jpg)

We live in a tiny commune near Mouzon in Charente 16 - Not only is the countryside providing us with stunning and changing views daily, our neighbours, who are all French, are wonderful and in the short time we have been here, disregarding our French grammar, have made us feel truly welcome, even driving us one day to an appointment when our van refused to start. (then arranging for their garage to fix it). We actually know more people by their first names here in the locale than we ever did in the UK and look forward to our first community meal tomorrow night.

I must add, we did take time in our first weeks to meet M. le Mairie who was also very helpful and even assigned one of his colleagues to track down a farmer to cut our fields. Taking time to enjoy conversing with people and being friendly and polite has, I think, been the answer to our progress. The small shops locally welcome our custom and enjoy a good banter in Franglais when we struggle for the odd word. I just wish we could have made the move earlier. To thank everyone for their hospitality, we have also invited everyone we know to a small fete in the next few weeks.

Waww! So enchanted and magical place !!!

You must be the nearest person to us we live in Sornac, just north of Ussel in the Corrèze region

1 Like

We live in Cruseilles near Annecy. It is a very rural area full of nature and a river :-) The farmers and their cows are our best friends here ;-)

We live in Gioux in the Cruese, a small hamlet of which only four houses are occupied, there are a couple of houses that are used by Brits as holiday homes and nearby towns of Aubusson and Bourganeuf have their fair share of expats but we’ve never really got into that scene.

1 Like

We lives in 32 in The Gers. Have just moved there after 18 years in the Auvergne

St Martin d’Ardeche 07.A small touristic villlage.900 inhabitants in winter and several thousand people in summer.We moved here 15 yrs ago and started Carole et Steve’s bed and breakfast.

Marval, 87

Can I presume that you know Katie Jones then? the local star / hero formerly of the Co-Op, but now a winemaker in her own right? (just wondering).

LOL

What's soap ?

Hi Chris,

Yes sadly I have put it on the market, I need to down size now, and rent something smaller and on the ground floor, my husband and I are getting older now and don't really need such a big house with stairs. We will still live in this beautiful area, as my son, who has a one or two learning difficulties has all his friends here in Monsegur, still lives with us.

I used to live in Frederiksberg at one point…and then eventually Chiswick and then Kingston…hope there will be done Danish wedding traditions thrown in…have a super duper day… :wink:

PS... similar that is apart from the puppy dog who sounds gorgeous...love dogs! Bye

Hi Lis..oh thanks for your greetings. We're getting married here in the village where we live. It's the other way round for us.. I'm English and from south west London and Christian is from Copenhagen/Frederiksberg. Similar situation for me as Chr is working in Paris at the moment. Hey living in the south of France is one big honeymoon :)

Here's our email casct7@gmail.com I will try and take you up on your offer. Bon weekend!

I've been in the herault 34 for nearly three years and before was in the Tarn 81 for over a decade

Indeed it is. However, compared to America, France isn't big at all. France is 549190 sq km as opposed to the USA at 9147420 sq km. And thank you for the assistance, Andrew. I can use all the help I can get navigating terms and procedures in France. :)

Rochemaure, Ardèche (07) Don't live here yet, hopefully in 2017

Rochemaure, Ardêche (07) Parent's-in-law's backyard