Where to buy hedging, seeds, bulbs, and trees online in France

Hello everyone. Does anyone know a good online stockist of the above, or a place in 87 or 16 I can go to personally? There is a gamm vert locally; I was looking for a massive garden centre or grower of the type we have in England. I have googled Etc without success. I need quite a lot of plants. Many thanks. K. K.

Thanks brian. Unfortunately it wont download on my iPad so it’s a job for tomoro.

O. I. C.
Receiving a parcel of plants can be an entirely disphoric experience…we’ve all been there…

I guess the iPad thing will take a lot of cost, maybe you could do it on PDFs like the bugle. It’s a great magazine, well played!

Kwashie, had a chat with a neighbour whilst I was out collecting sloes.

Now he is retired he is out to have a dream garden, so he and his wife are at it all hours. He is tree planting in Spring and I asked where he was buying. He said Desmartis because for some shrubs particularly they have the widest range of any supplier in France. So give that huge catalogue a look.

My disappointment with the internet companies is based on poor service, dishonesty and poor quality plants. I'm not talking about any of the companies I have listed, just some of those with flashy catologues, silly competitions promising you, Mr Elliott, have definately won a fortune....you know the sort of thing.

Yes, we hope to have the ipad problem resolved soon, but delighted to hear you have a copy. Remember to say you saw them in Living & on SFN :)

Hi Marleanne
Thanks for your response. They sound like a very good resource ; I presume the rebate was a wildlife thing?

Many thanks Colin, in plants and in life nothing beats the experience of actually seeing what you are buying but I guess the low population density of 87 and 16 means private garden centres are thin on the ground. That’s a great list. I may venture to one or two nearby but may have to use the net. One question: how have you been disappointed ?

I have tried several of the internet companies with no great enthusiasm or success.

There are lots of good nurseries in your area. I dont know these personally but you could try a selection of these below.....

ETABLISSEMENT HORTICOLE GUILLOT
SĂ©bastien GUILLOT
16120 VIBRAC
Horticulteur
05 45 97 32 32
LES SERRES DE CHAZELLES
Jacky Laurin
16380 Chazelles
05 45 70 40 62
EARL LA PERRIERE
Lionel Guillon
17170 ST Jean de Liversay
Horticulteur - Producteur de fleurs coupées - Fleuriste
05 46 01 88 78
PEPINIERES DE CORME ROYAL
Jean-Pierre Daniez
17600 CORME ROYAL
Pépiniériste
05 46 92 32 32
MG FLEURS
MICHAĂ‹L GUIGNARD
79220 COURS
Horticulteur - Pépiniériste
05 49 25 31 80
ETS DOMINIQUE FREMINE
Dominique FREMINE
79220 GERMOND-ROUVRE
Horticulteur - Producteur de plants maraichers
05 49 09 24 07
EARL LOIZEAU
Claude LOIZEAU
79290 BRION PRES THOUET
Horticulteur
05 49 67 70 28
PEPINIERE DU GRAND LOGIS
Eric HAY
79300 BRESSUIRE
Pépiniériste
06 88 15 03 60
EARL RIPAUD HORTICULTURE
Benoît Ripaud
79320 MONCOUTANT
Horticulteur - Pépiniériste
05 49 80 85 74
SERRES MORIN
François MORIN
79400 AZAY LE BRULE
Horticulteur
05 49 06 52 99
LES JARDINS DE LA FROLLE
François, Michel & Béatrice BENETEAU
86300 BONNES
Horticulteur - Pépiniériste - Producteur de plants maraichers
05 49 56 42 78
PEPINIERES BOURINET
Jean Louis Bourinet
86340 ASLONNES
Pépiniériste
05 49 42 06 54

Hi Andy, that’s another great resource, lots of unusual stuff …the technicolor grasses are something else, and the prices don’t look too bad…great stuff

Thank you Catherine, the magazine won’t open on my iPad but I have a copy at home, I will give those guys a ring and see what they can supply and prices. Oh, my poor wallet…

for veg seeds , the real seed company.co.uk

are excellent

Hi David. I just looked at Willemse and it certainly has some bargains…what will you do with 322 plants?

I have used www.Baumaux.com they are online and send out catalogues their range of seeds,plants and shrubs is extensive, but unfortunatly not paticularly cheap.

Hi Kwashie

Xtravert have just opened in north 24 for hedging/box etc and they are expanding into seeds I think - speak to Rudi on 0553 083479. They also have an ad in the current copy of Living Poitou-Charentes - see the gardening pages towards the back. Also, Mike Curtis (0546 336617) does all sorts of trees as well as other stuff (can do bulk too) - he's just over the border in 17 but goes to a lot of markets in 16. He's also got an ad in Living :)

Hope this helps

Sounds like a great price! I think we planted at 300mm (one foot) centres. They have all merged into a continuum well! I'm even training the wife to clip them as I now claim old age! Incidentally I visited the Willemse website this morning and won 322 plants so thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi david thanks for your comprehensive answer, I found 100 20cm box for £70 delivered to France from Germany eBay.co.uk item 320971717025. So that part of it is great. I will check the photo to get the idea, gravel it is. Oh yes, the cost of gardens, sometimes kept down by exchanging cuttings with friends, dividing shop bought plants and growing from seed… That is until you pop into a garden centre…

Go on, dare yourself, then drool a little...

As long as there are home made cakes, and pots of tea and coffee, and a Sunday cream tea available, you will have no problems. A few jars of home made chutneys and jams on the side, and some veg in season, and you are laughing. Good luck!