Where's the best place to live in France?!

Fantastic, Maureen, that's great that you found the place that was just right for you. I totally agree about the language - if I move, I want to feel as though I am living in France and be able to communicate easily with native French people. My French was pretty fluent 35 years ago... so I hope it would not be long before I was talking to myself - and dreaming! - in French again.

Hi Lindsey,

My partner and I own a small home in the village of Reuilly, which is in the department of Centre in the Loire Valley region. It is only 90 minutes by train from Paris' main rail station, which makes it convenient. In fact, people in our area commute to work in Paris. The train stops right outside our village. The cost of homes and rental properties are very, very inexpensive. The area is known for its white Reuilly wines and we are very close to several famous chateux. We are close to Issoudun, Veirzon, Bourges, Chattereoux, to name a few towns and cities. The climate is mild year round and rarely receives snow in winter time. The area is known as the garden of France, so there is an abundance of fresh produce to buy. In our town, there is a farmers market every Friday morning until noon. People are very friendly here, too. I hope you find your perfect spot. Good luck.

Thank you for that, Anthony - sounds wonderful!