Will you be seeking French Citizenship?

What does that change, Barbara...?!

And?!

Does that mean what happens next....or And!

I didn't think you'd get it which is why I expanded "what does that change" being pacs'd to an Irishman when we're talking about France...?! or was it irony...! ;-)

What does that change Andrew?!

I do not have a crystal ball.

But like many of us....most of us we reflect our thoughts on here.

All subjects ' Survive France' and we listien to what people have to say, make comments

sometimes they misinterpreted, sometimes they are full of interesting facts and often full of great imformation.

But they all have their place here.

Probably not in context.....but it is only possible to get an Irish passport if you have lived in Ireland

for more than 3 years even if you have been pacs'd for more than 5 years.

I think Ireland is pretty easy going - being pacs'd to a french person doesn't change the naturalisation process or make things any easier, only marraige does that and you have to wait 4 years after getting married to apply/start the process and you must have spent at least 4 of those 4 years living in France. So in short marraige speeds things up by a year and perhaps the naturalisation process is quicker but we're still talking about a total of 5 to 6 years after getting married!

My point was more the fact that to "send me back" to the UK would mean seperating me from my OH and kids - I can't see that going down too well. Plus the business side of things - I employ Frsnch people. I know anything is possible but I think it's all a storm in a tea-cup. The real problems will come for all those retirees here in France who, apart from owning a house, have no direct family links to the French or France who may at best have just a few administrative acts to complete to remain, have that but have to pay for health care and other benefits and at worst are told to sell-up and leave (which I can't see happening at all!) or apply for visa like non-EU people. Time will tell...!

The way things are going with BREXIT......It will be hard for people to sell up....

I know that things are selling.....but it may get harder...

But who knows....yes time will tell.

55€ seems fair. After all, it's a single payment. Peace of mind at a good price

Renewal of the Carte de Séjour might come to 200€ per decade. Add to that the cost of a passport if you retain your British nationality.

No need for me. I have had British and Irish passports for the past ten years.

Because I remember the carte de séjour days and it was a real pain.

I’m taking the French exam this week. B1 level, should be a doddle. Fingers crossed just in case. :slight_smile:

I would be very interested to know how that goes for you @Sarah_Hague Best of luck!

Hi James
It was cancelled in the end because we were on red alert, and all the schools were closed. I suppose they’ll tack us on to the next session.
Sarah

1 Like

When is that? @Sarah_Hague

15 December.

1 Like

Hello Elizabeth I am wondering a similar thing. A level French should surely be adequate. Did you manage to find out?
I’ve discovered a DELF B2 preuve that I assume I can take if I want to, in Poitiers (my closest city) which is €120 but to be certain & if I am forced into another exam I prefer to do a DELF B1 somewhere because it is adequate and more certain to be at my level.
I need to find where I can take a DELF B1. - not the course, just the exam/preuve

Any clues would be much appreciated from anyone .

1 Like

just read Catherines piece on applying for nationality, I am doing this, and have
just received my exam certificate, Taaadaaahhh!!

I am fairly sure that the French government need translated documents,
and that the birth death etc cant be originals, as they need a date of
less than three months old.

I think this means you have to apply to the UK for certified copies (
with today’s date ), then send these to a translator, then send the
translations and the copies from hm gov to the French gov, before the 3
months has expired.

2 Likes

Hi James, I got 94.5% in my French B1 test. Lost marks on the listening comprehension because it just went in one ear and out the other. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent result @Sarah_Hague well done indeed :slight_smile: :champagne:

Hi Alistair… It’s been a long journey…but finally managed to get all my BMD’s from UK… phew… took quite some research over several months!!

My plan is to give these docs … to the Translator… and while he is getting on with that mountain… I shall be ordering a complete new set of docs…(duplicates)

Thus Translation and Docs should all be in under the 3 months rule…

Does that sound OK… for heaven sake, if not… please tell me now…before I go completely mad.:wink:

blimey, I hadn’t thought of that, I was just going to give the
translator the docs, and say, do them in a week!!