Writers, Bloggers and Translators

Hi Frances, Have been and had a look and it's great :) I have also tweeted it @VanessaGill71

I hope all goes well for you

Hello everyone

I am pleased to announce I have created my first book site at http://www.totheendsoftheearth.co

Yes .co NOT .com

I'm adding material to the site regularly, my blog at http://francesbigadventure.blogspot.com continues. Life in France certainly provides the raw material. Hope you're curious enough to check things out and thanks in advance.

Frances

I'm an Indie nonfiction author. Our story is at Fipsila.com. I'm excited to be a part of SFN. We have plenty of photos on our web site - Fipsila.com and on my facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/bill.rueger. We are having a huge spring fling farm bash on June 1, 2. Maybe some of you would be interested in coming. In AZ, USA now. Be back in France Feb 1!

I've just revised two of my previously published books for Kindle, Somethng Stupid and Up To No Good and Seven Week Itch (which was actually published between those two) will go up as an ebook as soon as the new cover desgn has been finished. They're very light fiction but good fun in my opinioN;

I also have a blog about life in France, reading and writing, http://victoriacorby.wordpress.com/ which I've rather neglected this month because I'm nearly at the end of my current novel.

Hello. I've been lurking in the background for a while but couldn't resist the call to add blogs to the blogroll. It was started with the intention of trying to attract new clients but is now just a general musing on the vagaries of french living. It is: http://perpignan-post.blogspot.fr/

Hope I've posted this in the right place.

Solitary Desire - Book TRAILER VIDEO link

Blogger (24/7 in France) and newly published author:

Loved it Bruce. Thanks for that.
Glyn

Garry, can I suggest you promote your book on Bookworms here on SFN as well.
Glyn

It annoys me. The late quote should have read: Energetic, almost punch-drunk writing (I mean that as a complement!): "Let the stray dogs and big ideas fight over the bones behind the Calle mayor". Fabulous!”

Just like everyone to know that I've published my Pilgrimage Books one, two and three on Smashwords. Book One is free for the next few days only. Two and three are only 99 cents (70/80-? .8 Euro?)

The books mainly describe pilgrimage towns in Spain and France as if they are people with long lives where history impacts deeply. There are photos too, and some web links.

Here's the shameless blurb:

Seen 'The Way' to Santiago de Compostella? Want to know more of this 1200-year-old pilgrimage path? Perhaps you’ve walked it.
Pilgrimage describes the pilgrimage towns that many travelers pass far too quickly, without knowing their incredible stories. It relives the pilgrim's journey, with affection and bite, lovingly written with a vibrant and passionate pen.
Commentators say Pilgrimage is “beautiful poetic writing", written with “inspired metaphor”, “to a breathless walking rhythm”.
As a winner of the Peter Cowan Short Story Prize, the judge said of Belorado’s ‘Beating Time’: “An epic evocation of place. Yes, this story proves that you can produce an epic in a mere 488 words! Like all good fiction, perhaps, this piece is ultimately an investigation into how time passes and works. Energetic, almost punch-drunk writing (I mean that as a complement!): "Let the dogs and big ideas fight over the bones behind the Calle mayor". Fabulous!”

Other towns of interest include Conques, Santiago de Compostella, Astorga, Arzua, Decazeville, St Jean-Pied-de-Port, Najera, Figaec, Decazeville, Pont St Espirit and Belorado."
Be happy to get your feedback.

www.smashwords.com

Garry McDougall utravel@optusnet.com.au

Hi, shameless plug time! I have started a blog to aid my furore into fiction!

Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

http://vanessagill.wordpress.com

Thank you, ladies. Good luck with the book Frances and thanks for the insult, Glyn. You might also enjoy this.

The Journal of the International Trombone Association is not available in WH Smiths then? Sorry sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Reminds me of a sketch on Not The Nine o'Clock News all those years ago. Customer asks the newsgaent for a load of obscure magazines such as the one above. The shop owner provides them all, slap on the counter. Finally the customer says 'and the Radio Times please,' and receives the reply, 'Sorry, Mate, no call for it.'

The blog I write is for the St Clementin literary Festival here in the Deux Sevres see - http://segorastclementincelebratetheword.blogspot.fr/

Glyn

Thanks for that Bruce

My blog on life in France is available at http://francesbigadventure.blogspot.com. I am currently finishing a book based on some of the events and extra juicy details too sensitive to put in a blog.

Hello all. Like millions, or possibly billions, of others I have been doing a blog mainly about my wife and my experience of moving her to France but anything else I feel like going on about. At Catherine's suggestion, I thought I would at least introduce myself and give you the link to my blog.

I also wanted to see if anyone had posted a link to their blog anywhere and what there experience has been. I've considered an ex-pat sight but I'm not sure since I started out doing this for just family and friends. Anyway, I'd like your thoughts and advice

Here is the link: brucegunia.blogspot.com

I also do some writing for a small trade publication, the Journal of the International Trombone Association but I think the online version is only available to members. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post something here.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Jim, that seems a pretty impressive production rate to me. Three poems a week? That's a whole book in a year!

Mine tend to come in spurts - two popped out yesterday after I'd been talking about it and can be read here and here if you're interested.

As for writing, I'm managing between 200-300 words a day per Paris Chronicle which I'm finding a great way to churn them out. I don't have the discipline or patience for a novel but the chronicle/diary/short article format suits me great.

Poetry's similar because you can complete something quite satisfactorily very quickly and is a great release valve, as you say. Do you publish your poems on a blog or anything?

Hi Sab, I'm maybe newer to the game as my muse tends to wake me abruptly each morning at 5am. Consequently I write 6,000 words a week on my novel in progress. plus 3 poems and a short story each week. I have a 5,000 word short story published in paperback (see Jim Archibald on Amazon) and my poetry was read out at the launch of a Literary Anthology in New York back in November. My first love is fiction though, and Poetry is something of an escape for me. Maybe a release valve too, I think.

Good luck with your endeavours; I really like your two verses, especially Bonfire Night.

cheers,

Jim

Fairly epic fare there Jim - like it. I assume there's more where that came from. Do you write on a regular basis? Although I'm eschewing resolutions this year, for obvious reasons (they never work) I am trying to stick to a few guiding principles with the unerring aim of producing producing producing, and one of them is a poem a week, on average, this year. Unfortunately the muse doesn't strike as regularly as Big Ben, but I'm hoping to have a word with her... she may be swayed...

Hi Glyn, thank, and thanks for asking. If you go to amazon.com and search for 'Sab Will poetry' you should get my first three volumes (32 poems each) and a compendium of those three. Cheers!

And this was inspired by the fleeting hope that England, Wales and Scotland might shed the burden of an outdated "Britain'.

A Less Immaculate Conception

Politics was at the birth.
It stood midwife
to mercantile self-interest.
It ripped untimely,
that malformed foetus,
off-spring of a soft-spun
Tudor/Stewart Union,
and hung it by the feet.

The founding fathers
fed by hand,
from an English high table,