Writers, Bloggers and Translators

Hi Glyn - delighted to get a response. I suspect there are a few others out there who would like to get involved in this thread too, no?

Post some of your stuff. That's my idea. Seems only natural for a writers group instead of just talking about it. Here's my latest masterpiece...

Short

Most poems are far too long
Like some interminably tedious song
Your mother likes, am I wrong?

Hope you liked it. And there's more where that came from. A worryingly lot more. And you guys? ;~Sab

I write poetry, as well as fiction (see amazon for The Doctor and The Dipsomaniac), maybe Sab we need a group just for poets where we can post and discuss our work. I'll leave you to set it up.

Regards Glyn.

Hi, I've just joined. Is poetry allowed here? I blog too, on Paris and street photography. Are there any poets in this group? It's always nice to share and get some friendly feedback on our work. Cheers, Sab

Hi, just to let you know that online expat writers' group Writers Abroad will be launching their new anthology of short stories, non-fiction and poems, Foreign Encounters, on 24th October - available from www.lulu.com. Includes contributions about France by expats in France.

We're also having a launch do at the library in Parisot (Tarn-et-Garonne) at 10.30 am on Sat 10th Nov with author readings from the anthology, discussion/questions and a glass of wine. Do come if you're in the area.

Hi Blogsters,

A really neat WP template only Five Dollah through Mighty Deals

Hello from a Sydneysider with a fatal tendency to visit France every two years. Myself(author, artist and former tourism business proprietor) and Virginia (retired academic, interests in Media, heritage and archaeology) in France and Spain in April, May and June. We're teaching English to Spaniards for a week then walking as much as possible, then settling down in Nyon region for a month or so. We'll be in South and central France mainly. Anyone who like a chat on things we have in common (as mentioned above), news of Oz or swapping homes at some future date etc, we'd be glad to share a lunch or two. For further info on my books and artwork seewww.utrave4.wix.com/garrymcdougall

Hi just to let you know Cherrystone Writers (in the Vienne/Charente) are launching their latest book of short stories at La Grande Gallerie on Friday October 12th at 6pm.

Venue: La Grande Gallerie, Rue du Temple, Civray (86) . Launch of Cherry Blossom

Sheila - please see my reply in Computer Corner. Thanks.

Glad to hear it's sorted out Stanley. It's very easy to click on the wrong link in the email notification, so instead of clicking to read the comment, you accidentally click on the "stop following". Have done it myself!

Thanks Sheila - Yes, I messed up. Embarrassingly simple. I misread the option. Clicked to 'notify me'.

Felt cut off from the world without my daily fix of SFN news.

Stanley, there is a link right above this post "stop following - Don't email me when people comment". Can you see it or does it say something different such as "notify me when people comment"?

James

Have lost email notifications for my 4 groups. Checked Settings - all relevant boxes ticked but no joy. Is this a general problem or have I messed up?

Replying to Brian, Catharine and Glyn here's some more on the Society of Authors France(SOAF):

Object: see http://www.writersinfrance.net/index.html

This site is for SOAF members but has not attracted much response. You are disappointed with the SFN members apparent lack of interest but don't surrender Brian. My thought is to encourage dialogue between published authors and the many others who enjoy writing and would like to see their talents in print.

The SOAF chairman, Gregor Dallas (recently elected to the Society of Authors Management Committee) is happy with this, particularly as new authors are eligible for SOA membership (9000 & counting).

Firstly, I suggest that SOAF and SFN combine mailing lists to determine the spread of writers in France.

Secondly, all to be encouraged to share their ideas and news, on both websites, about projects in progress; to request advice and guidance on the hurdles faced by every writer egs finding agents and publishers, or explore self-publishing and digital routes. There is enormous experience and help available via SOA (as in the Guides I listed) and magazines for writers. I have learned much from these sources to steer me towards publication.

Thirdly, to invite volunteers to form local writing groups to present, discuss and develop projects. Yes, the numbers will be small, maybe just two or three for starters, but new friendships will grow on the wave of enthusiasm and satisfy a basic urge to create literature.

Fourthly, on your point about voting etc Brian, I would kept well away from administration and rules of procedure. Only hands-on practical topics will keep the groups alive. I've seen several organisations die through too much time spent away from the prime purpose of helping each member with his/her problems.

That's enough from me, except to respond to your call for a new group title Brian. The SFN has a flourishing COMPUTER CORNER. Why not simply an all-embracing WRITERS CORNER. The language issues, which arise from our common interest of writing, are complementary.

health and wellbeing something like that

No problem, which category do you want it under?

oh yes please

http://openingspaceretreat.blogspot.fr/

Do you want me to add it to the Blogroll page?

Hi

I was hoping to be able to let all members be able to see the blog

Hi Simon, I'm not sure what you mean? Can you give me an example of what you are trying to do?

Thanks

James

Valerie, don't worry. It is now still a minority responding and the point is that one would expect this to be a very much used group, which it is proving not to be.