100€ help against inflation in 2021?

From the moment this was mentioned I’ve been scanning the French Press… and it seemed that the help is to be aimed at French folk who fall within the parametres.

Jean Castex definitely says “Français”

but now, I see The Connexion is getting in on the act…

Now, I could certainly find a good home for 100€ but I’m not seriously expecting France to stump up on my behalf… but who knows…

Is that an election bribe ? Where is France getting the money to pay this

Hopefully from people who should pay taxes, who don’t avoid paying them :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

There is an element of that but it’s more to stop the Gilets Jaunes from kicking off again :wink:

I can’t see it working for Brit pensioners because it’s all dealt with at source (entreprise/urssaf/retraite etc.)

2 Likes

€100 isn’t going to go far when diesel is now over €1,50 / L and I have a 40 km each way to work 3 or 4 times a week!

Agree, 100€ won’t go far at all, but it’s better than nothing!

5 Likes

Some folk used to say that the Winter Fuel Allowance wasn’t much… but when the UK stopped it for France… everyone moaned… (or most people did, perhaps there were some who didn’t)

The French are already moaning about Macron’s ‘bribe’ either not being enough or being too generous!

One wishes they could, if only briefly, experience everyday life on Plague Island…

1 Like

I have heard that this will either be an average or a snapshot of monthly income, not € 24,000/ year. In which case it would depend for us which month they chose to take, one of the 2 or 3 per year when we transfer UK pensions, or one of the 9 or 10 when we receive (in France) only French pensions. On verra. :thinking:

Several questions -

Is the 2K limit per person per month?

Will those who have AE’s benefit?

Is this for energy/fuel or just for ‘inflation’ overall?

2k per personne per month, apparently all indépendants who qualify will be paid by URSSAF, i guess they decide who gets it based on their records/ returns.

1 Like

https://www.ouest-france.fr/economie/impots-fiscalite/prime-de-noel-assurance-chomage-indemnite-inflation-ce-qui-change-au-1er-decembre-389d62da-50ef-11ec-aefb-38e333a045a2

I’ve just received an e-mail from the director generale des finances publique saying I will receive the 100€ paid into my bank account on 4 Feb

I only have UK state and private pensions and non-French investment income.

En raison de l’inflation constatée fin 2021, une aide exceptionnelle dénommée « indemnité inflation » a été mise en place pour préserver le pouvoir d’achat. Cette indemnité d’un montant de 100 euros est destinée à chaque personne disposant d’un revenu (salaires ou pensions) inférieur à 2 000 euros net mensuel.
Compte tenu de votre situation vous êtes bénéficiaire de cette indemnité, qui vous sera versée par la Direction générale des Finances publiques

2 Likes

Enjoy…

Strangely OH got the email today too. We don’t think he’s entitled to it but there doesn’t seem anyway to say no.

Someone was talking about this in town, today.
I think you contact your local Impots Office if you have any query re possible overpayment or whatever.

I got a message from URSSAF to say I would get it, but that they didn’t have my IBAN to pay it so could I tell them… the message was via the online platform used to make my declarations and they then take the cotisations using the IBAN I gave them many years ago, the IBAN that is clearly there on ‘Mes moyens de paiement’ tab of the website that they’re messaging me to say they don’t have my IBAN on… :woman_shrugging::thinking::joy:

@kirsteastevenson Just a case of left hand versus right hand which seems often to be the case with government agencies here. Easiest thing is just to give them the info again.

1 Like

Had it, spent it. :grinning:

1 Like

Anyone know what the cutoff figure is? We are by no means rich (never earned enough to pay tax for example) but have had no such award.