25% off Lands' End range with SFN

Catharine Higginson writes

Eighteen years ago, I bought a bag from Lands’ End. I remember the purchase quite clearly; I was very pleased to be pregnant with my eldest daughter and thought I would need a big, sturdy bag. The bag turned out to be big, sturdy and very, very well made.

It still is.

Over the years it has been laden with everything from wine bottles to nappies (often simultaneously...) and despite having been chucked in the washing machine on numerous occasions - even though the instructions say ‘Hand Wash’ - it is still going strong.

And this is what Lands’ End is all about; high quality goods that are made to last. And this is why Susan Morse-Chassier was so delighted when she was asked to work with the company to introduce the brand to France. Susan explains, “I’ve known Lands’ End all my life. It’s a brand that I associate inextricably with my childhood and my father was one of their very first customers when they launched back in 1963.”

Now living in the Val d’Oise, north of Paris, Susan has been in France for ten years but she originally hails from California. With a background in direct marketing and e-commerce, she was working on the launch of the Atkins diet direct marketing programme in New York when she when she met her husband Claude. He was running a restaurant that Susan began to use for shoots and promotions and, as they say, the rest is history! In 2003 the couple decided to return to his native country of France; this was a big change for Susan.

Claude thought that she would be speaking fluent French within three months but Susan was a bit more realistic. “Although I am now fluent, I don’t think I will ever speak perfect French” she says. “I took some immersion courses when I first arrived. However, the problem was that there were loads of international students on the courses and they all wanted to practice speaking English! But I persevered and managed to start working in France. I’d recently finished a CDD (short term contract) when I saw the advert for the Lands’ End position and just thought, ‘wow’ - this is my dream job! It was quite tough at first as there was no French office and I had to commute to Germany on a weekly basis but the company loved that they had an American on board and everything slotted into place. It’s a great brand and a great company and something that I’m really proud to be associated with.”

If you ask any Lands’ End customer what they think of the brand, they are likely to talk about high quality goods, durability and great customer service. The company are so confident that you will remain happy with your purchase that they offer what is effectively a lifetime guarantee. They say they will exchange or refund any item at any point if you are not satisfied and this guarantee applies for any reason whatsoever - which, when you stop to think about it, is a pretty amazing undertaking and you can read more about their famous guarantee here.

But fantastic products and great customer service are not the only things that set Lands’ End apart. I love the way items can be monogrammed. Trousers can be hemmed to fit and this hemming service is even free of charge.

Plus, those of us who are anything other than a standard size will appreciate the range of clothing for petite, tall and plus sizes. Lands’ End really do go the extra mile and even offer a gift-wrapping service.

We’re delighted to announce that Lands’ End are offering SFN members a whopping 25% discount on any order. All you need to do is use the discount code SFNLE when placing your order on the French website. http://www.fr.landsend.com/ - best of all the discount lasts until December 31, 2013 so there’s plenty of time to bag some bargains.

As we’ve had the wettest spring for some time and given that Lands’ End have an unparalleled reputation when it comes to rain wear and squall jackets, maybe now is the time to take advantage of that discount and treat yourself to a new waterproof jacket? Why not request a catalogue and spend some time browsing through? You can also sign up for the newsletter that way you’ll be kept up to date with any special offers, new products and promotions - and it’s well worth keeping an eye on the Sale Page too as there are often bargains to be had!

Thanks

Catharine

Just placed an order, the code works even on the sales " bonnes affaires", just bought a pair of shoes for 15 € instead of 70 € !!

I will see what I can find out for you Richard.

:( I put my order in last week! However I did get free postage and 10% off.

Thanks Jane :)

i HAVE JUST USED THE SFN DISCOUNT CODE AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY

I just received the latest landsend.fr catalog. I used to order a lot of clothing from them in the US, but their quality there has plummeted. They entered into a marketing joint venture with the big US discount chains, WalMart and Target which obviously stressed their bottom line profits. I ordered a merino wool turtleneck pull from the US landsend last winter and it was acceptable, but overall their quality went south in the states. Perhaps their workmanship and materials are still being kept at a higher standard for the more discerning buyers in Europe, where they are able to charge more. I used to be a regular landsend customer but the current shoddiness of the US spec merchandise and the availability of Marks and Spencer and Bexley online have captured a higher percentage of my recent clothing purchases. I do appreciate the services and large selection of LandsEnd. But the price/currency savings from the US was cancelled by the drop in quality.

For UK folks–get on their mailing list, there’s usually a 20% or 25% discount on offer every two or three weeks or free shipping. I live in France but up to now have used the UK site, will now give the French site a try.

Being from the States, I’ve used Land’s End for years. Am not too happy with the more limited selection on the UK site and I think some of the cotton prints look like my mom’s curtains (have sent them this feedback). That said, their customer service remains stellar. Two shipments to France have gone missing, both replaced assp. Never any problems with returns.

Will give the French site a try, assuming prices are not marked up from the UK site.

Hi, sorry about that, looks like we had a technical issue, it is now resolved, I've just tried the code and it works!

Please try again, the code is SFNLE

Thanks

James

Just phoned Land's End France, they don't know anything about it!

Is there any chance of you negotiating this discount for those poor SFN members who have not yet been able to move to France and are for the time being having to remain in the UK?

Ditto, discount code not valid...

Discount code no longer valid according to the site!

My aunt used to have a management position at the UK head office in Oakham and we used to get items from the factory shop. I'm still wearing some of them eleven years later - the darned things just DON'T wear out!! :D

Thank you SO much for the discount code - I will most certainly be using it!