4th July American Independence Day

Probably not. Sniff and see.

1 Like

Oh, so this is what American Independence Day is all about - Apple Pies?
There was me thinking it had something to do with beating the British in 1775.

Silly me, I do get confused sometimes/

1 Like

:joy::rofl: apple pie is well worth celebrating - we look to the positive, always.

On behalf of my wife, “Thank you Graham”.

Might interest you to know that today many Americans would prefer Woody Guthrie’s famous ‘This land is your land’ song to be their national anthem.

I used to belong to a folk group in Australia about 40 years ago, and it was regarded as the Aussie Anthem - just after Waltzing Matilda which was the national ‘song’.
When the actual anthem was announced most of us had a few problems with being ‘girt by sea’!
Personally I always preferred the Seekers ‘I am, you are, we are Australians’. Still causes a frisson when I hear it. I noted it on Youtube the other day, but have no idea how to put a video on SF.

Is this any good, Norman ??

Hi Stella, yes that’s one of them, and thank you! Such a great Group and Judith Durham - amazing voice and amazing person. Tears to the eyes again! Although I am very happy to be French now, there is still a great chunk of Aussie in me. It’s where I threw off all the baggage of the UK I had carted around, and for good or ill, became my ‘own man’.
I don’t feel the slightest bit English, as just about every memory from there is unpleasant.
I do have a good Welsh mate there though!