6 nations rugby 2019 and 2020

So france managed to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory against Wales last night, definitely a game of 2 halves.
I think Scotland v Italy is a foregone conclusion this year, but Ireland v England later this afternoon should be good.:beer::beer::beer:

1 Like

Just back from the gym :muscle::muscle::muscle: and changing room pretty much occupied by devastated Frenchmen still in shock :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I had a conseil municipal meeting last night, but kept those that were interested (the men) up to date with the scores. All smiles at half time, drowned their sorrows at full time :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::beers::beers:

2 Likes

So, what did you think of that? Ireland 20 England 32

Bagful of good rugby in what was a very intense game and the better side on the day definitely won. The win does not surprise me, but the offensive bonus point (4 tries) did. A well-earned five pointer.
Cardiff will probably be England’s biggest challenge of the tournament and with Wales playing in Italy next week, that should give them time to practice and go up a level and Wales do always build through the tournament.
It will be interesting to see if Ireland just got it wrong today and are going to come back hard or if they have peaked and are now on a downward spiral likening it to what suffered England last year in the 6N’s.

Wales v England will be important for Wales as if or when they beat Italy that will match their record number of consecutive wins of 11 set in the early twentieth century. Giving Wales a new record so that is always an incentive, not that they need incentive just good half backs.
Vive les six nations, :rugby_football::rugby_football::rugby_football:

1 Like

England played better/harder/more consistent than they have for a long time, thoroughly deserved the win. I didn’t think Ireland played that badly, just outclassed.

Great result :beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:

1 Like

After the game with Eddy Jones & Owen Farrell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o28uwybqEys.

After the game with Joe Schmidt a Rory Best

Are you ready for this weekends 6 nations battles.
This comes from the Standard.
The second weekend of the Six Nations is upon us, with Saturday’s action headlined by a clash between Scotland and Ireland at Murrayfield.

The defending Grand Slam champions arrive in Edinburgh a wounded team after seeing their exceptional run of form and formidable home winning streak ended with a brutal 32-20 defeat to England in which they failed to match the visitors’ physicality and intensity.

They face a Scotland team that began their campaign with a bonus-point win over Italy but will have been alarmed by a lack of concentration that saw them concede three tries in the final 10 minutes.

Saturday’s late afternoon action comes from Rome, where Italy, who have now lost 18 successive matches in the competition, will look to build on that late flurry against Wales at the Stadio Olimpico.

Warren Gatland has made 10 changes to the side that remarkably overturned a 16-point half-time deficit in Paris on Friday night thanks to some inexplicable French errors.

Ashton and Lawes recalled

England have sprung a surprise by selecting Chris Ashton in place of Jack Nowell for Sunday’s Guinness Six Nations clash with France at Twickenham.

Nowell impressed in the 32-20 victory over Ireland in Dublin but has lost his spot on the right wing to Ashton, the Top 14 record try-scorer who makes his first Championship start since 2013.
“We have gone for Chris Ashton on the wing because we think he might sneak us a try early in the game,” head coach Eddie Jones said.

“Jack Nowell was brilliant against Ireland and he’ll play a significant role for us off the bench.”
The second change to the starting XV sees Courtney Lawes partner George Kruis at lock after Maro Itoje was struck down by a knee injury at the Aviva Stadium. Filling the vacancy on the bench created by Lawes’ promotion is Joe Launchbury.

England team to face France

15 Elliot Daly (Wasps, 26 caps) 14 Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks, 43 caps) 13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 18 caps) 12 Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 28 caps) 11 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 41 caps) 10 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 66 caps) © 9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 81 caps) 1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 52 caps) 2 Jamie George (Saracens, 33 caps) 3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 18 caps) 4 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 69 caps) 5 George Kruis (Saracens, 28 caps) 6 Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, 9 caps) 7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 6 caps) 8 Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 37 caps)

Replacements

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 8 caps) 17 Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps) 18 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 82 caps) 19 Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 54 caps) 20 Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 19 caps) 21 Dan Robson (Wasps, uncapped) 22 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 52 caps) 23 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 30 caps) (Reporting by Mitch Phillips, editing by Toby Davis)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Love It! Thank you / diolch!

un i chi Boybachs Wales v Scotland 2010 14-24 with 5 minutes remaining dewch ymlaen Cymru

1 Like

Great clips, Warren. Looking forward to the second weekend and some exciting matches.

I thoroughly enjoyed the highlights what a finish!

Oh dear England vs France and at twickenham Husband will watch but with a heavy heart. I will cheer for England but if France manage to win it will make him so happy.

Sometimes wish I’d just married a guy from Suffolk :flushed:

Two fairly mediocre games yesterday. I watched some of the U20 England/ france game that was far better than the 2 earlier matches, the English scrum totally destroyed the French.
Looking forward to a good game this afternoon

1 Like

That’s what I’m afraid of

Just been watching via my computer and France TV… not taking sides as such… just enjoying the moves…cheering and shrieking so much OH came up to find out what was going on.

Great game… :hugs:

1 Like

… and good reffing from Nigel Owens!

Yes, I like him… seen him before… very fair…

Probably the best ref in the Union game at the moment - although I understand that this may be his last 6 Nations.

To be fair to Wales yesterday, it was a scratch side - bodies being tested for the World Cup later. I think you will see a very different team when they face England at home.