A bit disconcerting

Indeed.

If you look at the full survey though (annoyingly the article doesnā€™t link it) the good news is that the % in the UK saying ā€˜I would vote to remain in / join the European Unionā€™ has increased again - now 5% more than the leave / stay out voters. Pretty amazing in the overall context of worsening relationships.

I know itā€™s bit shallow Geof, but I donā€™t like being identified by my accent as having anything to do with Johnson and his mad policies. Everywhere from in the queue in Carrefour to the little cafĆ© where we have our morning coffee Iā€™m wondering do they think Iā€™m a Brexiteer type. Iā€™m thinking of taking back control by ordering some sweatshirts printed with Johnsonā€™s photo on the front with a caption ā€œThis bastard has nothing to do with meā€. itā€™s not very pithy though, any ideas for a better slogan?

2 Likes

A picture of him and ā€œIā€™m not, never have been and never will be with this idiotā€

1 Like

My chest isnā€™t wide enough :joy: Though my tummy is getting there.

Ok then ā€¦
A picture of him with ā€œA GB, oops sorry, UK arsholeā€

1 Like
2 Likes

Just what I need, but sadly unavailable. Sold out I expect.

I fully understand this - thankfully pur French friends see him for the fool/bafoon that he is.

1 Like

Maybe - itā€™s in stock for delivery in the UK but not France as far as I can see.

Je ne suis pas Boris !

3 Likes

Since you wish to communicate with French people then wouldnā€™t ā€œBoris nā€™est pas mon premier ministreā€ be more useful?

Generally here people assume we are escaping the UK so not an issueā€¦

2 Likes

People here know full well that OH and I had no sayā€¦ and still have no say in anything across the water.
They also know how well we have dived into local French life and some even reckon that weā€™re more French than the French themselvesā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would prefer to wear a T-shirt with something very Frenchā€¦ certainly nothing at all associated with UKā€¦ I do have a blue and white stripe T-shirt, so if I add a beret and a string of onionsā€¦ :rofl: :roll_eyes: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Good point Jane. Perhaps "Johnson est un idiot malveillantā€ might bridge the linguist divide.

ā€œI love Great Britain, I love its people. I have an overwhelming desire to have a government that wants to work with us in good faithā€ - Macron earlier today.

5 Likes

I did buy a couple of EU pin badges for our trip to France - a little more subtle :grinning: I forgot to take them but I did let people know exactly what I thought of our government.

Sadly that does not sufficiently recognise his malevolent intent wrt refugees, the right to protest, the Judiciary and the media.

1 Like

I guess weā€™re all of a similar mind to Manu :neutral_face:

Our beloved leader has an election coming up and France is about to assume Presidency of the EU so his comments must be judged accordingly.

I think most people donā€™t have any opinions on French/UK political oneupmanships! We have almost 100% French customers in our nursery/flower shop and I havenā€™t heard anything negative about ordinary UK citizens. Most comments concern my accent (like Jane Birkin!), their family members living in the UK or food jokes. :wink:

3 Likes