A bit of fun

1 Like

50% correct - A miserable failure and back to the classroom for me :unamused:

1 Like

9/10. Let down by my knowledge of Shakespeare…

1 Like

Goodness, I got 7/10 and amazed myself.
Just done it again and got the same ones wrong… so that’s it… I’m a lost cause…

I suggest/suspect that my “extra years of wisdom and experience” have enabled me to achieve many things in life/living… which don’t fall within the scope of the GCSE… :+1: :+1: :rofl: :rofl: (but, yes, it was fun, having a go…)

Miss Havisham got me :grin: + have to admit two lucky educated guesses to get to 9 :grin:

1 Like

I’m with Suella Braverman on this and, like the membership of the ERG, it is a secret. :roll_eyes:

8/10 - I always was useless at English Literature.

6/10 - Four guesses wrong. Plus I always hated English Lit. Devastated that I got the wrong colour for the live wire, especially after doing lots of wiring of sockets etc in the past. It’s either age or the mouse slipped as I clicked on the answer… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Blimey, 9/10. Got No 5 wrong

Guessed the wire, guessed the xylem

But it is just knowing stuff isn’t it, not critical thinking and you need both.

6 Likes

And that’s the problem with British education…

1 Like

1 Like

The basic of my education was British, great way to start, as you learn to always think constructively not out of the box, though in France they go heavy on philosophy,

7/10

Just had lunch - 5pm - kept falling asleep, esp on the paint q, so to move on I guessed - wrongly.

Got Miss Haversham tho’ not read the book by picking the sort of name that Dickens tends to use. In other words, a guess based on a hunch.

Guessed the plant q based on another hunch connected to plant biology.

Wrong on Shakey and weather q.

As I have always suspected, @vero, S.F.’ s resident intellectual. And can rewire a UK plug! Chapeau!

2 Likes