A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

A man has just bought his wife a silver wedding present.

A friend in the pub asks him what it is.

‘It’s a beautiful table,’ says the man. ‘She doesn’t play snooker but I hope she likes it.’

7 Likes

A university student with a Russian sounding name was invited to a vetting with MI5 during his National Service. He was asked if he had been a member of the Anglo-Soviet Society. He denied it and listed his otherwise innocent club memberships.

‘Oh, I think you were,’ my interlocutor continued. ‘Did you not attend a showing of the film Battleship Potemkin in the School of Geography on 7th June 1950?’

‘You’re absolutely right, sir – I did.’

I recalled signing my name in a book on display as one entered the auditorium. The showing of Eisenstein’s iconic film had obviously been sponsored by the Anglo-Soviet Society. MI5 might have missed Guy Burgess, Donald Maclean, Kim Philby and Anthony Blunt, but they knew that I had watched Battleship Potemkin in 1950.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I used to see a plumbing van in Birmingham with this slogan. Sikh company.

2 Likes

Believe it or not I knew a plumber called Alan Leake. He proudky displayed his name on van, A Leake Plumbing and Heating Contractor

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! :slightly_smiling_face:)

8 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

This made my wife laugh out loud. :smile:

1 Like

Made me laugh out loud, because that’s what I did to the cashier to demonstrate the English meaning when he said he had flashed the large bag of croquettes which were still in the chariot.

I hasten to add I was fully clothed underneath the jacket. :smiley:

2 Likes

Vegan

8 Likes

Reminds me of Chic Murray seated on a flight from the Western Isles to Glasgow next to an American. The man, having spent a rather damp and expensive weekend, declared Scotland to be the a…hole of the world.
"Are you just passing through? " asked Chic

8 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes