A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

Sue Ellen Braveman’s role model…

1 Like

Not sure if I have posted this before, I am having a clearout of Oldie magazines which are crowding out the top layer of my screen.

6 Likes

I think the answer was yes, but it takes more than water to wash bad behaviour out of the human race. :wink:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Now that really is humorous…:rofl: …2 hrs and counting,

1 Like

https://twitter.com/loicsuberville/status/1664273712680669189?t=VNGCeidIfrmJ-oAs-3zPag&s=19

1 Like
9 Likes

Former Vice President Mike Pence

Skeptics Question Whether Pence Has More to Offer Than Raw Sexual Magnetism

June 5, 2023

WASHINGTON
As Mike Pence prepares to announce his bid for the Presidency, political insiders are questioning whether he has more to offer the nation than unbridled sexual magnetism.

For years, the former Vice-President has wisely refused to dine alone with any woman other than his wife, fearing the havoc that his overpowering pheromones could wreak.

Well, he does have a very Trumpy tie…

This is not the thread to discuss it, but maybe he’s concerned about his dinner partners RSM instead? :roll_eyes:

In many Christian circles it’s considered normal to not be privately alone with someone of the opposite sex if you’re married to someone else. In some circles if a man were driving a car then a single woman would expect to sit in the back and not the front (or the other way round if the situation were reversed). It’s the opposite behaviour to that of Trump.

Assuming the original twit to be American and aware of this, their tweet looks like petty childishness to me.

How extraordinary, are they just permanently like dogs on heat then? Or do they think that about other people? Seems very weird to me.

4 Likes

So, do you think the Trumpy tie might be coded virtue signalling - Look, I can wear a too long shiny red tie just like the Donald’s, but can resist dining alone with any woman other than my wife, let alone jumping into bed with adult film stars.

Christian Dogs on Heat would be a great name for a band, that could appeal to both ends of the US political spectrum!

4 Likes

Just ordinary people trying to manage themselves I think. Plenty of ordinary people out there go at it like rabbits, so maybe they find being careful actually helps.

1 Like

Pence is a Mormon, so the proscription of not being alone with any woman other than your wife is potentially less restrictive than for us non-Mormon (or non-Muslim) monogamists…

I knew some senior US politicians were Mormons, but wasn’t aware that he was. I doubt he really minds what European non-Mormons do, so you’re probably free to have one-to-one dinners with all the women you wish. :wink:

2 Likes

The Greeks never really got the hang of loading the dishwasher.

11 Likes

It’s a very creepy organisation/religion

Mormons occupy an interesting tier in US commerce and administration, they are popular as deputies because of their traditionally unquestioning loyalty to their. boss or the CEO (but there are very few Mormon CEOs). The flip side is that Mormons pay tithes to the Church of Mormon, so it’s in the church’s interest for its members to make as much as possible.

It’s a very creepy organisation in so many ways. Perhaps the most insidious is their posthumous vacuuming of peoples’ names so that the dead can be ‘saved’ by being posthumously baptised into the Mormon church.

Not mid-week and not very humorous , but people need to know what’s going on.

3 Likes

I’ve, possibly incorrectly, assumed most people of our age range were aware of TCOJCOTLDS (known as mormons) but that may be a foolish assumption.

I don’t see the posthumous baptising for the dead as being creepy so much as just a bit pointless. The other issues, like polygamy among some parts, as being much more weird than not having dinner, but that side of things probably appeals to many men. Many Christians pay tithes (usually 10%) to their churches as well, but outside of America and Africa there’s much less focus on prosperity in the church.

1 Like

A rational person can view it as pointless, but OTOH it is proselytising taken to an extreme.

3 Likes

This is one thread I really enjoy following and does stay on topic, until now So what the ---- is Pence, Trump and mormons an such got to do with mid week humour??

6 Likes