A lovely tribute to the first lady, and another sleight on the previous first bimbošŸ™‚

Sorry Geof :flushed: Incorrigible may be the word.

I wouldnā€™t call someone who speaks 6 languages from 4 different language groups a ā€œbimboā€.

Mrs. Trump maybe many things, but stupid isnā€™t one of them.

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably right Guy.

She may have been a bimbo in her modelling days, but always showed a reserved and balanced public face as first lady. More so than her obnoxious bully husband.

And maybe she is intelligent. She never finished university, which doesnā€™t really conclude much, But the basis for her getting an Einstein Visa for entry into the US seems rather thin.

However despite knowing several languages her grasp of grammar has gapsā€¦ā€Be Bestā€ā€¦what did that mean?

Iā€™m not too sure about Trudeau any more either :slightly_smiling_face:

Excuse me, but speaking purely from a female point of view any woman who married Donald Trump with his track record needs her head examining.

5 Likes

Melania did the job and Mr. Trump was lucky to have her.

2 Likes

Trump is lucky to have anybody.

1 Like

And they are fast deserting the sinking ship.
Trump is worried his financial people will go for plea bargaining.

1 Like

ā€œSo tell me, Melania: as an intelligent woman, what did you find irresistible about the fat, bigoted, racist, idiot, bloviated billionaire Donald Trump?ā€ (Mrs Merton, passim)

5 Likes

Says it all, reallyā€¦

1 Like

What do you mean by ā€œlanguage groupā€?
All the languages she (theoretically) speaks are Indo-European, and not that complicated.

Not according to the Washington Post.

On that basis I speak 6 because I know how to say ā€œGood morningā€ in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Polish.

1 Like

Quite, on that basis Iā€™m on about 20, what a heap of nonsense.

1 Like

I remember hearing a resumĆ© of someoneā€™s skills once ā€¦ 'he speaks five languagesā€¦ all of them badly"ā€¦

1 Like

I used to work with a guy who genuinely was fluent in 11 languages - he was a cryptanalyst and a pretty sh*t hot mathematician and programmer as well.

However, he was almost certainly a bit on the autistic spectrum so between that and the fact that he operated on an intellectual plane somewhat above the rest of us people were occasionally heard to mutter Ć  voix basse ā€œspeaks 11 languages, canā€™t communicate in any of themā€.

He was basically a nice guy though.

2 Likes

Definitely a ā€˜specialā€™ person.

On my first programming course (1976 chez ICL) we had a ā€œgeniusā€ on the course, more degrees than a thermometer but he was completely locked in his own head and pretty well unemployable. Poor guy.

Some years later I had a colleague who became a close pal. He was a maths grad and very bright. I remember the first program he wrote worked first time. Quite an achievement. Poor guy drowned when e diving alone off the Irish coast a few years later.