A passionate plea for the return of a hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland

16 Likes

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought I had heard that Irish residents in the North are able to apply for a passport from the Republic.
This means that they will not lose Freedom of Movement like the rest of the UK.
This makes me very angry indeed.
They don’t want a hard border because of the Good Friday Agreement and Eire are frightened of becoming a back door into the EU.
Kilkenny cats comes to mind.

Thank you so much for posting this. It should be broadcast at peak time on all the UK tv channels. Excellent!!!

Thank you so much John for making me laugh out loud again. I’ve now watched it twice so am fully loaded with good humour and ‘bonhomie’ for the rest of the week-end. Oh! and please, please, please can Seamus be our new Poet Laureate (We can waive the being English thing and perhaps Her Majesty could pay him in sacks full of uncustomed goods each year and some Sandringham turkeys).

Crying, crying, crying :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fabulous James O’B has similar views :slight_smile:

1 Like

And this caller had a stonker of an idea for the Irish border ‘issue’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Scary isn’t it? No doubt the guy has voting rights as well!

1 Like

You are surprised?

Now extend the logic… what will Scotland do when NI stay in the EU? And the Welsh Assembly are already openly discussing further EU Polls.

But don’t worry! Its just project fear. None of this shit will happen to us…

No Guy - my ‘scary’ comment was directed at the dick that phoned in to LBC.

2 Likes

You’re right Jane, all NI citizens have a right to dual nationality and an RoI passport. Many usually intransigent unionists have actually applied for an Irish passport so that they’ll still have free movement. In fact there have been complaints from up North to Dublin that their post offices have run out of RoI passport application forms. Spike Milligan couldn’t have made up what’s happening. The DUP has even suggested that if one of these new hybrid breed is discommoded by a hard Brexit, loosing their British S1 for example, then the Republic should step in and pay for them. There is no end to the delusion of Arlene, Sammy and Doddy but the amazing thing is they’re getting away with it. Wooster Mogg, BoJo, IDS and Arlene’s crew are calling the shots. Who would have ever thought it would come to this?

2 Likes

Only the people who were pushing their own agenda and couldn’t give a flying f…k about anyone else.

1 Like

I can’t help wondering what the great Dave Allen would have made of all this?

5 Likes