A question on pensions

So what are the offical ages for pensions these days, both in France and UK?

thanks for the advice

Contact HMRC in Newcastle and they will advise you of what you need to do. If you have been resident in France for 20 years, paying into the system in France, your pensions benefits should be paid in France too. HMRC should notify CPAM (or whichever regime you fall under) and there will be an agreement as to who pays what. The two countries should consolidate your pension and pay it to you in one payment, in your country of residence. If you have any private pension policies still in the UK, may also be worth researching whether you should move them to a QROPS pension fund so that you can also have those paid in local currency - which helps you to avoid being at the whim of the currency markets.

He seemed to think it was and had even travelled to Newcastle to discuss it face to face. I'm no longer in contact with him so don't know how it finished.

As I don't know where I will end up, I haven't bothered investigating it any further. Hopefully someone else on here will fill you in

yes i was wondering if one could transfer benefits and if possible would it be better to transfer french benefits to to UK or vice versa..

I am in a similar situation to you and as fas as I understand, I will receive state and private pensions from both countries, albeit at different times/ I remember an expat customer once telling me about him transferring benefits from UK to France so as to just have the one state pension but I have never investigated it any further.