A quick introduction

Hello Everyone!
Although I jointed this site a couple of days ago, I thought I better introduce myself properly.
My husband and I moved to France three and a half years ago with our two dogs and two cats and have been enjoying “La Vie en France” ever since. As a busy couple running our own business in the UK, it took us a little while to get used to the slower pace of life, but we think we’ve got the hang of it now.
I really love what you’ve done with this website, and it’s going to be great getting to know everyone.
Stephanie :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Stephanie and Welcome to the Forum.

Glad you are enjoying yourselves.

Would you like to tell us how you came to choose whereabouts in France to settle…?? :relaxed:

did you have a list of criteria… or, perhaps, it was on a whim… :grin::grin:

cheers

Hello Stephanie and welcome.

Good to have new people on here to liven things up a bit.

Enjoy!

Thanks Stella,
Yes, on reflection, perhaps I should have given a little more detail about how we came to choose the area.
So, here goes…
My husband and I made a long-term plan (although we hadn’t looked at any properties) that we would move to France before we turned 50. We particularly loved the South West region because it had just about everything. We spent many holidays driving around just dreaming about the day we would put plans in place for our new life.
We booked some viewings one year while we were holidaying in the area, purely as a way to see what was available.
Although we are not “tick list” kind of people we had several essential criteria.
I think we looked at three houses on that particular holiday, but fell in love with the first one we saw.
It seemed to have everything we were hoping for and more and in the perfect location.
When our holiday came to an end, armed with lots of photos and a tonne of excitement, we drove back to the UK with the intention of getting our home valued to see if it was viable to sell it.
And, as they say, “the rest is history”.

2 Likes

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for the welcome.

Nice to e-meet you. :slight_smile:

Stephanie

1 Like