Accessible accommodation

Hi All,

This is a message to all of you with accessible gîtes and chambres d’hôte in France, I have already posted the discussion in the gîte owners group.

We have a wheelchair-friendly gîte in the Dordogne and setting this up has proved to be quite successful.

We have been asked a few times for a 2-week booking when we have only a one week slot. If they book the one week, we then try to help in finding an alternative for the 1st or 2nd week.

As you will no doubt be aware, this isn’t easy as there aren’t too many around.

I have not found the Offices de Tourisme too proactive in offering this information and not all booking agencies have great search facilities.

So I wonder if anyone is interested in sharing their details?

Before I work out the best mechanism for this, I would like to ascertain if enough people are interested.

I know there are different levels of accessibility and France is a big country but I have found that with the shortage of accommodation, people are quite prepared to visit 2 entirely different areas in search of a gîte that can meet their requirements.

Let me know what you think.

Neill and Terri Weatherill.

shame no-one with complex needs has been able to reply yet Neil, hope you've had some success with your gite.