Age is only a number - (or is it?) Ongoing

Singing clapping and tapping my foot remembering tattoo conventions in different regions of Germany…x :smile:

20 years old and wowing everyone…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li7SyKTXgg0

1 Like

What can I say I’m a folkie

Can you not get medication for that?:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, David, ich kann einfach nicht von diesem lieblichen zweiseitigen Wuerstchen zu viel bekommen! :clipperton_island::belgium::hotdog::yum:

I used to do a paper round… but not this long…

Just goes to show what can be achieved by our youngsters…

Cheers to the happy couple… :hugs::hugs::heart_eyes:

Wow, Bravo Ginette, not sure that I could run for 4 kms let alone 42 !

1 Like

102 years of age… and he goes on the roof to fix his aerial… what a lad !!

Sadly, this amazing gentleman died today…

On this “age is just a number” theme… your comments and advice please.

A few days ago I met a neighbour out with his young grandson, age about 5 or 6, on his little bike. I greeted Monsieur X with the customary handshake, and smiled at the youngster and passed a few words with him about Hallowe’en (in what I hoped was intelligible French). He smiled back and spoke a few words back that I didn’t catch. The exchange of pleasantries last no more than a couple of minutes during which the grandfather told me his mother had died recently, and I commiserated with him.

On my way home I wondered if I should have offered my hand to the little one. Children deserve the same tokens of respect as adults, if we are to accept that “age is just a number”, n’est-ce pas ? And they will at some point be taught, or want to learn the cultural norms of their patrie. When should the formality of salutation be taught? I shall, of course,lay my dilemma at the feet of my neighbour when the opportunity presents itself. He is a very nice man, who was a boulanger and pâtissier in Paris for many years, and now fells trees and sells logs for a living.

Hi Peter… perhaps best to be led by the adult… you shake their hand… so, a smiling bonjour and a hand extended to the child as well, is a very nice gesture.

When I meet folk with kids… we adults kiss-kiss… and if I know the child well… I will drop a kiss onto the top of the little head (unless offered a cheek).

If I do not know the child… I say a smiling bonjour… and depending on how the child reacts… I either back off or go ahead with a kiss… Many adults insist… say hello to Stella or worse… kiss Stella… :roll_eyes: at which point I am several steps back and making no moves towards the child.

I generally find this works well… by the time the guardian and I have exchanged all sorts of pleasantries and I have totally ignored the child…:wink: sometimes the child comes forward and we start to chat/play or whatever… still no kissing… though that might occur the next time our paths cross… :thinking:

I have to admit… this did make me chuckle… :relaxed::roll_eyes::grin::grin::grin:

This 69 year old… has the body of a 45-year-old, and described himself as a “young god”.

If he has the body of a young God then he’d better give it back, it’s getting all wrinkled (sorry the old jokes are the best):rofl:
Seriously this man is deluding himself … no way would he pass for 45 years old !
I shall always be 21 (in my head) alas my body has passed it’s ‘best within … age’ ! :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Couldn’t you have posted that until after I’d eaten Stella?:wink:

2 Likes

sorry… ooops… :wink::wink::wink:

Just to say… OH has forbidden me to get up to anything like that … :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a basque like that only mine is red…I don’t dance for just anyone though :wink: