Age is only a number - (or is it?) Ongoing

He has aged VERY well! Still got it. Love the video. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Listening to this again… I realise Rod vaguely echoes my words of advice, given by me (an elderly great-aunt) … to my 17 year old great-niece on our last visit to UK… :thinking:

“Make sure you really like him… make sure he is your best friend before you let him become your lover… and if in doubt, chuck him out…” :upside_down_face:

89 years old and still going strong…

and a great rendition of “You raise me up”…one of my favourite songs… which is on his Record… good luck to him !

Pink Floyd live, 1970 (or ‘71) Manchester University Students’ Union (Oxford Rd, not UMIST) Can’t remember the exact year, nor the price (either 6/-0 or 30p? - true!!) but do remember they were superb. What can one get for 30p today?

OTH this does make one feel rather old!

1 Like

Chopin is my favourite…

but the young man can handle anything…

1 Like
1 Like

She looks gorgeous!

78 and 22 and yesterday, both quite splendid!

2 Likes

Some more to remind us there is more to life. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh yes I read that in bed with coffee this morning - I loved the guy who started at uni at 93 :rofl:

2 Likes

Wonderful article - thank you Sue! Reminds me of a time when I was in my 20s and all the “old” people around me seemed dead from the neck up (dread to think how old they actually were - probably in their 40s :roll_eyes: ) and I went to Oxford to explore. I got on a bus and found myself near several very elderly people who were discussiong something academic (I think) with lots of energy and passion. I realised that being old wasn’t necessarily a living death sentence…

4 Likes

Just a reminder - we make all sorts of (wrong) assumptions about what aging means.

From the following article: “There is a misconception that people over 65 cannot produce hypertrophy [growth] of the muscle,” says Mark Peterson, an associate professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Michigan . “Muscle is a tissue that can adapt with stimulus.” The key is to check with a doctor first, and start slowly.

And not sure why the headline says A new start after 60, when she started at 71.

1 Like

I hope not, I shall be 74 tomorrow.

1 Like

My 96-year old friend in Cheltenham is getting a bit frail now but we have the most amazing discussions - she is an invaluable person…

Happy birthday for tomorrow. :grin:

I’ll second that! Are you celebrating in style @Jane_Williamson ?

We went out to lunch today, as our local restaurant does not do a lunch on Saturday.
I am sure that we will open a bottle of good wine.

2 Likes

Sounds great to me!

Happy birthday Jane

1 Like