Ages when we peak

This article (brief) is based on a Harvard University study on the ages when we are best at certain things in life… there’s a book, apparently. Aging Well: Surpising goalposts… Haven’t read it. Just reporting. :slight_smile:

Excerpt from the article:
"…the age at which you’ll earn your highest salary has a fairly large gender discrepancy — women will reach their peak salary at age 39, while men do so at age 48. Yet both genders reach peak arithmetic skills at age 50. The following year, at 51, is when people are best at understanding the emotions of others. Peak vocabulary occurs at age 69, peak happiness with your body at 74, and last on the timeline is peak psychological wellbeing, which is reportedly reached at age 82. "

https://curiosity.com/topics/these-are-the-ages-you-peak-at-everything-according-to-science-curiosity/

2 Likes

I peaked at 13, won the school prize, ‘General Excellence’, so I thought, Um! there is only one way now, so stop while you’re on top Bill, instead of going to school, just go climbing in Keswick, don’t tell yer Mam :thinking:

2 Likes

Me too, only it was four years later at age 17 when I received the “Emerald Key Award” for being a good all-around sort of high schooler/community/good citizen. Nice to have gotten. Too bad, in my case, that it didn’t stick :slight_smile:

1 Like

nowadays they all aim for a ASBO.

Not all, or even, many H F :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m planning to reach my peak at around 100 … it will possibly be downhill from then on… :thinking:

4 Likes

i plan on going downhill in a wheel chair it will be great fun.

4 Likes

I knew we had something in common Bill.
I lived on the old Westmorland /Lancashire border before I married.

1 Like

Peak fitness was probably 14 and winning the 200m against my rival in the 100m…peak intellectual capacity still ongoing as I learn more and more…peak health…never been healthier since ditching big Pharma and taking responsibility for my own health…My Scottish Great Aunt was 103 when she passed peacefully doing a crossword puzzle…That’ll do me…x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still waiting to peak. :thinking:

2 Likes

Whitehaven was my home town Jane
:+1:

Harry, okay I give up: what is ASBO?? :slight_smile: Almost afraid to ask.

1 Like

Asbo…anti social behaviour order…could apply to anyone farting in public…anyone homeless and begging on the streets…anyone protesting against homelessness…anyone protesting against the treatment of the disabled and the vulnerable…anyone protesting against the mercenary cuts to the nhs and to local services…anyone protesting against the U.K. government really…

pretty much now kids seem to try to get them to show their mates ho great they are. was meant as a joke as was a story on the news the other week about kids seeing them as some sort of trophy and how its a craze that is taking off again.

1 Like

unfortunately most of the asbo’s are given to nasty little scrote bags who are not protesting against anything but just acting like little thugs.

Althoughs its not called an Asbo anymore its got a new name for past few years now but cannot rememebr the name of it and too lazy to google from bed

1 Like

my best achievements are 8 years old and 6 years old, called my kids. chess champion, martial arts and all the rest of the nonsense in life that goes to show how better we are than our fellow children. I always remember playing chess at infant school and some kid i was playing and he was loosing badly telling me he was not a chess player but filling in because they were short and his dad made him play, turned out he was actually their best and he told crap like that to get an edge thinking people would not focus as much and his dad taught him to do it.

My parents never forced me to do anything I did not want to do and when i decided to give up chess they just let me after I told them. It just does not interest me anymore.

My crowning glory though is the day my wife agreed to marry me and the day we got married too.

2 Likes

Yeah asbo…criminal behaviour order…,no doubt some “scrotes” involved…those loitering and drinking in public places when council signs said “no drinking of alcohol”…back in my home city for a short time I was subjected to racist abuse and threats to kill both me and my dogs…reported to the police on many occassions…witnesses from lecturers at a local university and eventually got a Soooooo not sorry hand written apology from one of them via the police…turned out to be out of town law students in student accommodation would you believe…the shape of things to come in England’s court system…Where exactly does a racist law student fit into England’s judicial system presuming he went on to pass his degree…???