Alternative electrical suppliers

Looking at lower cost energy suppliers and Mint Energy look good on price and renewable sourced, is anyone using them? Any other suggestions?

Yes Iā€™m with Mint and really like them, love that they have tree planting projects, I think I have about 4 of them in my ā€˜forestā€™ now for various reasons.

If you do decide to go with them John if you use my code with both get an extra tree or 2 and a few euros off the bill - 7432368

2 Likes

Another :+1: for Mint, they have been really excellent after dealing with EDF.

2 Likes

It must be usā€¦
Never had a problem with either EDF, Enedis or Orange.

2 Likes

Youā€™re not alone, Graham :smiley:

1 Like

Neither have we, you must just like adding to their bottom line profits and not planting trees :grin:

2 Likes

No room for any more trees!

1 Like

ah butā€¦ in the case of alternatives to Orange, there are complaints that when things go wrong, Orange are not so quick to respond and often a blame game begins with the customer as ā€œpiggy in the middleā€.
Is that also a danger with Mint?
Itā€™s diabolical having to actually contribute to a National Companyā€™s profitsā€¦ Iā€™m a pensionerā€¦ it should be free like breathing air and drinking water :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming you are being sarcastic about the water. Last thing on earth water should be is ā€œfreeā€. Next war will be all about water. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I switched from EDF to Mint about 2 months ago.

Better rate than EDF, Mint also plant a tree or too.

Best of all, they email me weekly re my electricity consumption.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a few times to email them and they have always replied swiftly, a real person and been really helpful (nothing major though - just billing things / cheque energie etc.

1 Like

of courseā€¦ how could you tell? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting Nigel as we live quite close to each other. How advantageous is the price advantage and do you have a smart meter? How painful was the change over?

My Book on Normandy says that Normandy has the fewest trees of all regions of FR.

1 Like

well, this is the link for Mint Energie
What option have people gone for?

I canā€™t make head nor tail of the options. The site says I can save ā‚¬200 a year on the ā€œOnline and Greenā€ (based on 13K kWh) but it looks as if you need to take the Smart and Green to get the sort of info out of your smart meter that EDF offers (not that I look at it much). How much extra does Classic and 100% cost I wonder?

Normandy as a whole may have fewest trees but my garden makes up for it :smiley:

and the trees are to be plated in Tanzanie - a bit far from Normandy as a whole :wink:

1 Like

ooopsā€¦ :blush:

1 Like

Yes, I was confused by that too John.
Also, I havenā€™t researched the billing cycle yet. EDF bill me for every 2 months usage and abonnement (which is fine for me) but one thing I donā€™t want is to pay a flat monthly fee with a divvie-up at the endā€¦ prefer the money in my account, not theirs :slightly_smiling_face: