Alternative electrical suppliers

And indeed, in part! :smile:

Seemed pretty straight forward to me, clicking on the various options brings up the abandonment and cost per KW for each option.

:rofl: I just love predictive textā€¦

Hahaha :rofl:
The inventor of predictive text died last week, may he rest in piss

3 Likes

Surely rest in peas.

1 Like

Do I actually have to write each one down? Why doesnā€™t the site say, for example, that at 13K kWh I save ā‚¬200 on option one, ā‚¬100 on option two and zero on option three. This having to work things out for oneā€™s self is so passĆ©. No mention as whether I get a photo of my trees either.

1 Like

Agreed. Youā€™d then have to check that the correct refund/extra charge was made etc. etc. Iā€™m fed up having to follow up companies and utilities to make sure theyā€™ve done what they said theyā€™d do.

No, but they send you a letter at Christmas

1 Like

Graham,
the changeover was absolutely painless - I went through https://selectra.info/
who were extremely helpful.

I canā€™t remember the price differential - from memory it was nā€™t massive, but still worth having.
One of the main reasons that I switched was EDFā€™s appalling customer service. At the end of my energy year, I was around 1000 euros in credit and rather than refund my money, EDF decided to change my DD schedule. Obviously extremely unhappy that EDF decided to have free use of my funds - particularly when I informed them that I would terminate their contract if a refund was not made within 2 weeks.

Iā€™ve attached two of the common Mint electricity tariffs.
Finally, Iā€™m sure that I first came across Mint from a post made by James in another thread.
#MINT_ENERGIE_Fiche_Tarifs_0524_CLASSIC_GREEN.pdf (104.3 KB) MINT_ENERGIE_Fiche_Tarifs_1700_ONLINE_GREEN.pdf (104.8 KB)

Well, thatā€™d be one more than I usually get.

1 Like

a French one?

1 Like

Oh dearā€¦ the one reason I donā€™t go along that route despite them continually reminding me that I can as it obviously suits them.
But hey, Iā€™m just a customerā€¦

I just went through the sign up process (used your sponsorship number Tory) but they insisted on estimating my annual usage and dividing by 12 (I could vary the number up or down a bit). Iā€™m an actuals man myself :slightly_smiling_face: so I decided to bale out.

as I will surely doā€¦ They have to pay for the reduced levy some way or another and it seems itā€™s with your money in their account :grimacing:

1 Like

How do the others set up?

My existing EDF account, set up in 2004, just bills me actuals every two months. They may have changed their policy for new customers.

1 Like

In the UK they have to guesstimate to setup the account unless you supply previous usage data and once setup you can always reduce the monthly averaged payment.
As we are subject to the 90days max post brexit I certainly want the company to understand this and not to take ā‚¬1000ā€™s as if we were there full time.
Smart metering should hopefully cure this problem.

Standard feature with a smart meter is actual bill not estimated so a similar service would be available from most providers?

Just checked with relative, they have a Linky and with EDF but still receive monthly average estimated bills and claim back the excess at the end of the year.

When did they open their account John?

Just as an example, I looked at my EDF account today to get the reference number to change to Mint and it told me that I had used ā‚¬7 since the beginning of April. My Linky seems to work as designed.

Roughly 2.5 years ago they got the Linky and probably been with EDF 10y

1 Like