Am I too old?

The US news has been using Beiber and the Kardashians (whoever they are) as distractions from the incompetence of government for years. That's what these so called celebrities are for. I have been aware of these people for years, but haven't a clue what it is that they do, if anything. Air time fodder for the talking heads seems their only purpose, which speaks not well of the intelligence of their audiences.

Carol, that did make me smile. In the 60s and 70s we had the heaviest culture of druggies and way outs. Everywhere you went people were stoned out of their heads on LSD, speed or something. There were still people dying in Africa then and that will never change.

I believe Justin Bieber will actually last and he did not just decide to appear late like a diva. He has already been popular for a few years and he does have a good voice.

I did not even know that Bob Dylan was still alive and yes there are still fans of those people around from those days. They were good days but life moves on. I don't listen to any of the stuff I did when I was that age. In fact I like David Guetta who you also have probably never heard of. And groups such as Radical Strapontin, Blowzabella, who are brilliant musicians. The generations move on and the music changes as do the type of people that the parents and society makes.

Well I may go and see Roger Walters Dark side of the moon, tickets go on sale on friday at the O2. Bet you don't see any change from £200! Mind you I did go on the Thames cablecar AKA emirates airline from the o2 to the Excell centre yesterday for £3.20 each way and it was only 5 mins compared to the DLR and waiting around.

LOL. I have heard of Justin Bieber and I can't stand him but then back in my youth I couldn't stand the Beatles either. I was more of a Stones person. However, apparently he wasnt late it was down to technical difficulties. Nowadays people don't just put up a couple of amps, there is the massive show that goes with it and that is also why tickets cost so much. There are so many people and equipment, etc, etc, that is must be a nightmare.

I feel sorry for the mother of the 6 year old having to listen to it. Personally I don't think my daughter would have been interested in someone like that at that age, but I suppose nowadays many don't really get a childhood. They have make up and designer clothes far too early in life. There seems some poetic licence with the press reports and by no means am I supporting him but if things happen out of your control then there is very little you can do about it.

The problem also lies with transport in London finishing so early.

That’s not funny and you look a bit like him

Once upon a time, Steve Martin starred in a movie called "Parenthood". This movie contained a line that went something like, "You need a license to drive a car, a license to catch a fish, you even need a license for your dog but any A@#hole can be a parent." I also seem to recall another Great American's remark about one being born every minute.

I often go shopping in a gas mask just so I may be mistaken for Justin Beiber

Always check your sources. He was not due to appear until !0.00 p.m. - he WAS marginally late but if you give in to tinies wanting to go to such a late night show you must take the down side too.

Sorry Doreen never heard of him but then i am a musician and music lover, why would you take a 6 year old to a concert that without having to much imagination you should realise would not finish until late and by the time you get the child home and in bed it would be well past bed time then have to get up for school in the morning or is Justin Bieber more important it cant wait until Friday night which i believe he was still playing as for the mother being there yes my mistake but still very poor planning in my opinion but perhaps mum darent say no for fear of tantrems

I never have listened to journalist they will and often do say what they think the general public want to hear, have little scrupples and morals its justified in their opinion to get a good story, what happened to good manners because someone thinks he can sing maybe good looking that gives them a licence to be rude turning up is the norm turn up late for work which it actually is in his case you get the sack if its continual, turn up late for an interview you loose the job footballers get slated for their bad behaviour on or off the pitch setting a bad example to the public and the young but so called pop stars not a problem.

an example of how wrong it gets, my sister in law allowed her 12 year old daughters boyfriend to spend the nights in her room , he sleeps on the floor she told everyone who raised their eyebrows, at 13 the words that every parent does not want to hear, mum i think i'm pregnant, how the hell did that happen, and mothers a nurse, from a very early age daughter has had all her own way allowed to do whatever stopped out till all hours now i'm sorry to say daughter has the reputaion of a second hand dartboard and well deserves it she already has a second child

as for us BOFs being put out to pasture fits the definition of the word Troll, we are not old or stuck in the past we are or were responsible parents

So Mum's cost was £110 since she went as well. All that to sit through a concert at 6 yrs of age. When the general tone of pop concerts these days is sexualized.

Yeah I saw the Beatles/ Hollies/ Sting/ Leonard Cohen but after the age of 17 and I paid for my tickets from my saturday job earnings.

Its not about being an old fart its about age appropriate activities.

BOF alert!

Like you John I had never heard of this individual before but the event and his extremely late arrival was reported on TV last night too. Apparently there was a near riot and lots of booing. I agree that the idea of leaving a 6 year old child there is ludicrous. However these things happen to adults too- I went to the same venue in Docklands once to see Pavarotti and we knew that the public transport was not up to it so we left in our car and arrived at the venue to have a meal five hours early. The audience took ages to arrive and many people were arriving after the interval. I still have this clear memory of two members of the audience fighting as one didn't want to get interupted and the other was trying to get to his seat. Above it all Pav was trying to ignore the turmoil in the audience! I do remember picking up one of my sons age 14 at the Hammersmith Palais after a "ball" at 1 am. He emerged without his dinner jacket and I told him I wouldn't leave unless he went back in to find it. He was so embarrassed as all the lights had to be switched on as the hordes of young people left.

I am of the opinion that every parent who dropped a 6yr old off at this concert should be investigated by social services. It is neglect, plain and simple. I do not believe in babying the children however there is a point at which you have to lay boundaries - there seems to be a total inability to say NO by these parents. There was a report on the BBC this morning about childhood ending at 12 years old now. It seems to me that children are being robbed of the freedom to grow and learn within a safe environment - some parents are giving into the idea that discipline is counter productive and each child is entitled to whatever they demand. It will make for some very sorry adults in years to come when this generation find out just how hard life can be.

On the up side I do know some extremely good parents (and I have to say that the SFN group fall into that category) whose children are well grounded and are enjoying life as they should be. I am sure that they will be successful and happy.

Yeah, we were all young once.. I had a great time at concerts from about the age of 17, nearly every month at £25 a ticket haha, taxi home was less than a tenner then.

I can just see all these 6 year olds sitting round a table at 30 'remembering' the great night they had, especially the poor kid who fell asleep, she was so knackered waiting for the spoilt brat to decide when he was going to turn up..

I think thats what we're all on about ;)

Mon dieu, listen to all you BOF's.

Hey, obviously you haven't actually noticed, the times they are a changing.

We're none of you ever young? No wonder you've all chosen to be put out to pasture here in the hinterland! I thought we became wiser and more tolerant with age, but hearing you old farts, there is but only one hope for you all, No hope!

Remember the Summer of Love? Now why did I come on here again???

My 16 year old daughter wants to see him in Paris. Get this... a 'meet and greet' ticket is 325 EURO !! 5 minutes backstage and a photo, that's if he shows up lol. When she was 6, I wouldn't have dreamed of leaving her by herself at a concert, even in the local town hall! Times change, I suppose. I wonder if he will be offering any refunds to these kids??

no its a totally irrelevant "artist" of the sort that will soon disappear up his managements backside , has no talent and frankly people taking children to see this performance should be ashamed of themselves no matter the hour !

John, you are not too old! You just don't understand ;-) : These 6 years old are "cool"! Or is it not cool to convince your parents to be chauffeured to a "concert" and to be picked up for school after a nice night spend out? Well maybe the parents these days are so engrossed reading their books that they are happy to handout 55 so they have their "peace" with all their "parent burn out".

exactly, no one knows him oher than 6 year olds if i was trying to get a career on the stage and only appealed to little kids i would give up