Amazing - up to €10,000 bonus for your old diesel car!

yep, thats sort of my thought as well as being impressed - sounds too good to be true. I was told 2 yrs ago I could apply for a grant to help me set up a business because I am handicapped, but still waiting for that to happen. There's a new rule pops up at every turn.

If you're unemployed and disabled - or not, you get sick for a week or especially if you have to go into hospital, your benefits stop and you have to sign on again when you leave hospital. That means that if you have been "long-term' unemployed, you no longer qualify for free training, free business advice or other help...even though technically, you have been unemployed still. You have to wait another year to qualify for anything. If you miss an appointment the same applies. Last month I had an email about an appointment they'd set up for me on THAT SAME afternoon. Its all designed to catch cheats, is the excuse I know, but its a culture of blame and it's punitive for people who have tried really hard.

I'm lucky. I trained as a psych nurse before I got physically wonky, so I can spot the schemes and the lies. Others let it get to them and they get very depressed by it. actually, so do I, all i'm saying is I'm lucky that I can handle it most of the time without turning to drugs, alcohol or downright violence.

lucky you

Cars have to be 13 years old or more and you have to live in a designated area in France

ie. designated problem area for air pollution..

I think also there is a time ownership clause.....

I read about Arash Derambarsh's proposal in Le Monde back in April sometime. He is the man who has instigated solar on all (new) roofs and where possible oxygen producing plants on them that is being made law. I think it is a suggestion for the 2015 Paris UN Climate Conference (COP21) at which it is necessary to reach some decisions in December 2015, building on the work carried out at COP20 in Lima. This is, as I understood it when I read it, part of the 'intended national determined contributions' (iNDC) that represents the investment each country feels it is able to make. This, in Derambarsh's view, is one France can offer to make.

So, it may be a bit premature me driving my limping diesel drinker into the nearest hybrid dealer and asking for my bonus. It will be business first if it happens, then perhaps later. I shall not bank on it though.

there have been lots of schemes, especially after the crisis hit, this is just another one. The figures sound great but the choice is limited, don't forget that unless you're carrying passengers for business it'll need to be a van or a "société" car with no backseats. Speak to your accountant first, it's usually better having a vehicle on location longue durée as the monthly rent goes straight through the accounts as charges and you don't have to fork out anything, or very little, to get up and running. ;-)

This is France. Whats the catch?

The UK have been subsidising electric cars for years. Without the subsidy they are priced out of the market.
All my vehicles are for private use, some of us go through life without ever needing a business vehicle.