Amazon closes French Warehouses

I have had some items from Amazon UK delivered this week. Essentials in that my clothes were getting rather worn out, I don’t have a lot of clothes so I was getting a bit holey, nearly got mistaken for a scarecrow by the pigeons. What surprised me was that the postwoman from La Poste was not wearing a mask or gloves when she brought the parcel to the house.
Amazon’s customer services, and Kindle Direct where I publish work, have fallen apart during lockdown.

Abe are brilliant for cheap textbooks and music books, I used them for all my music grade books, some of the prices for some books are brilliant while others are ridiculous.

Abe are linked at the bottom of every Amazon page.

To get a good idea of prices either with or without shipping, I use BookFinder, which is also part of the Amazon group.

1 Like

I agree - service was appallingly on a recent purchase.

Amazon customer services are overloaded, what with staff off sick or self isolating and enquiries due to reduced postal services and longer lead times.
They have now set up a Bot chat :robot: if you fancy talking to some form of AI software. :grinning:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_gt_comp_cu?nodeId=471044

1 Like

That bot is very difficult to get on with and doesn’t understand curse words.

2 Likes

Brilliant , one for the suggestion box, I’ll have to pass that on! :rofl:

2 Likes