And now.....some GOOD news!

:slight_smile:

Another shaggy dog story John !

Don't know which bit of Charente you are in Paul but the Super U in Chabanais has a good Brit selection. The Heinz beans are 0.95cents which is the cheapest i've seen in France.

The Petticoat Lane shop just down the road has a good selection too.

Spolit for choice with the Iceland shop at Suris as well.

That's more like it Sue !

Another nice story

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/woman-flies-6000-miles-to-bring-home-stray-that-saved-her-from-attack-31477393.html

No but her French is very good (courtesy of her Mum) and she’d love to live and work here. I think London is her first destination to get some experience then who knows.

Pleased to see that Maureen, a place ive become too familiar with for O P appts, but Its a lovely bright hospital and some of the views from the windows are good, depending on which Batiment he’s in! I wish you both well for his speedy recovery.

Leaving space for the Easter Eggs Suzanne!

That must be a great relief...nowt worse than a bout of the Farmer Giles !

I don't want to spoil the fun but that light at the end of the tunnel could be a train coming the other way!!!!!

and the Association, Cancer Support France always welcomes volunteers in all different departments that have the affiliated Associations. They are loking for a myriad of people who just wNt to help out and bring their own particular skills to use. There may be some who want or need gardening tips, or help doing it, and beauiful flowers pot plants anthing that adds colour to a persons life, must be good!

Congratulations to the proud parent/s you obviously did a great job with your daughter.does she work in CHM Le Mans by any chance? Ha ha!

Sit down relx and enjoy a nice cuppa then Bruce. :slight_smile:

Its good news we all have some goood news!

good news
 A friend said they wanted to pop in for a coffee - in September
yes its good for me gives me time to do the housework, but can’t get in touch with friend at the moment, cos I wanted to take them for lunch if they had time, at my local cafe, im sure he better news wil be thT they’ll be able to, but if not yes I’ll settle for a coffee so that’s more good news!

No selfies please Bruce....

Hi Peter, I'd imagine working with the Resto du Coeur would be super, but I haven't got involved in that area. In France I belong to the Pierre de Lune Rochechouart, Usagers de la Territoire de la Météorite and the Vieilles Pierres - so history, geology and social. If you're interested in history and/or old buildings, the Vieilles Pierres needs more active members (there's an expo - Patrimoine caché de Rochechouart) on at the Rochechouart Capitole at the moment Wens to Sundays for about a month. I find that meeting such great people is a major boon. The Usagers group is internet based (see Territoire de la Météorite) but run from Pressignac and apart from social events, encourages/promotes local writers, artists, etc.

If that's not your thing, does the Red Cross need volunteers? Or they could know who does .... would the St Ju mairie have a list of associations? I think they would. There's archeology and lot's of history in Saint Junien to research. The Pierre de Lune - we desperately need active members as most of them at the moment just come to the AGM, consequently there's 3 of us who try to do everything plus a young man who's time is limited as he's a full time postman. Not many people know that we live here in a meteorite crater.

No, as far as I know the gendarmes haven't been round yet - though they breathalysed me in the village last week (I passed).

I meant to say, I've also started online studies with FutureLearn - and have registered with another 3 starting in September. I like learning for learning's sake. Basically it's a university marketing ploy, but what a great way to do it. There's just about everything and anything and no doubt they end up with some full-time students, but it's available worldwide with no qualification or experience needed. I also own and monitor a yahoo health group that used to take a lot of time but more or less runs itself these days. It always saddens me to hear of losing loved ones - been there, done that too - I was lucky in that a friend put me on to a therapy that put a stop to certainly being crippled and blind - if I'd survived. But as it's off patent and very cheap it's a real slog getting it available (though since July there's apparently an All party parliamentary group http://www.ldnnow.co.uk/81412/index.html. I'd recommend anyone to look into it.)

That's wonderful news Bruce! ;-)

Hey folks...I'm really happy to tell you that, thanks to preparation H, my Jeremy Kyles are healing up nicely!

Well the new van is loaded the old one has gone to the Big Van Scrap Dealers in the Sky.

Tescos order booked for delivery tomorrow, yes I do buy some of my shopping in the UK as it does work out cheaper and because I can ;-) PS Baked beans and cheese are on offer LOL..

Tunnel has been booked and even the migrants in the tunnel won't bother me.

I am off back to where I want to belong, after a few hiccups this year, the Charente is calling me, the Brocantes are calling my name...

Bring it on !!