Another hunting death

Usually bought wild rabbit at the butcher and cooked them at home in well-equipped yuppie kicthens. In the North of England unemployed teenagers would shoot rabbi rabbits(!!!) and sell them to the butcher.

Perhaps in France the social security system is so suppportive that the unemployed don’t need to shoot rabbits to get by (can’t think of an appropriate emoji!)

1 Like

Hmmm not sure! I’m on enseignante contractuelle wages and this conversation had made me wonder if I should do some rabbit hunting to get by! And I probably earn 200€ more a month or something than if I was on benefits :japanese_ogre: and I have no rent / mortgage and we still struggle big time :cry: . No idea how awful life is for so many people. I earnt the same fortnightly in Ozvas I earn here per month!

1 Like

Oh and to add, I feel so strongly about this I go mad at my boys for even pointing a nerf gun at someone :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve not heard of the French estates organising pheasant, partridge and grouse drives the way the U.K. does, so having an experienced shot loading for you isn’t really an option here. Most shotguns I’ve seen used for small game hunting here are 3 shot autos which don’t lend themselves to being passed rapidly between humans safely without a whole load of training.

Wild boar shots by the local chasse feature lots old school double barrelled hunting rifles and .30-‘06 semi autos. The rules for shooting near roads here must be very different to the U.K. as I’ve driven past hunters sat on folding chairs facing the road with a rifle across their laps.

Discharging anything more dangerous than a spud gun close to or across a road in the U.K. would normally feature a trip to the Police station and an interview without biscuits.

Lamping for anything is strictly forbidden as it taking small game and vermin with air weapons. The air weapon prohibition, especially for controlling vermin, always strikes me as rather odd as France allows very powerful 4.5mm/.177” air rifles if you have a chasse ticket and these would be ideal for pest control close to buildings and livestock if fitted with sound moderators.

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

It *really* annoys me when people get shot in the shoulder, or roughly through the collarbone in films and treat it as though it was a scratch. there is huge potential for fatal blood loss or permanent nerve damage in that area :rage:

But then the (super)hero wouldn’t be able to save the day/world/distressed damsel😁

But in the case of Bruce Willis, that vest is bullet proof. :joy: but yes I get the centiment loss of a lung doesnt mean you can run away let alone a torn aorta.

Apart from the time he shot himself through the shoulder to get the baddie behind him (cant remember the film, one of the Die Hards maybe). Only a flesh wound, obviously…

2 Likes

Maybe you could make rilletes de lapin sauvage and sell it at €20 a kilo, or even more if in fancy jars

1 Like

:rofl: barter more like it all the paperwork! We had loafs of rabbits here for years bit not seen one for a good couple now! Wonder where they’ve all gone?

I know you’re only joshing about going out to bag a few rabbits…
but remember, you could end up facing prosecution… even without actually injuring anyone…

hunting without a license or authorization from a valid Hunt;
hunting with an illegal weapon;
hunting without insurance;
hunting on the land of others without the consent of the owner or the holder of the right to hunt.

which can result in imprisonment as well as the fines…

let’s all stay safe… and let the bunnies run freely… :+1: :+1: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes I’m joking :rofl: if the SHTF that may change!

1 Like

Yeah, there’s nothing really vital around the shoulder area that a bullet might hit…

The muppets that insist police should shoot to wound, aiming for the legs always crease me up as well.

1 Like