Another Petit Bebe!

I had my 23 week scan yesterday (a bit late as we've been away) and everything is looking good, once again however our echographiste concluded it was a petit bebe. I asked how this compared to my first born (who was declared a very little baby & required scans every 4 weeks post 22 weeks to check on her growth but turned out to be 2.7 kilos & in great health) to which she said oh yes it is a small baby said with much pouting & shaking of head.

So I decided to ignore this & got out the charts at home from my last one & found that actually this little one is slightly bigger than the first, some 50g more so I'm not worrying like I did last time. The baby looks fine, I'm well & my bump is growing, so I won't be force fed this time round like a goose in order to put weight on the baby (yes that's what I was told last time - to eat more! which meant hubbie turned into the farmer forcing food down my neck or so it felt at the time, bless him)

Next scan 32 weeks - no panic 4 weekly scans this time round, hurray!

Now I must sort out going to visit the sage-femme for my sophrology preparation courses...worked a treat last time.

Suzanne

www.UK4Me.co.uk

UK Stores Delivering Overseas

Thanks Catherine, isn’t it funny how people are obsessed with size even from before we are born!

They all vary so widely. My number two was 6lb (don’t know what this is in kg sorry!) at 2 weeks overdue- she had a tiny tiny head and everyone asked how premature she had been. She was a little baby and toddler and has now totally caught up with her siblings. I was told at 37 weeks that no 3 wasn’t growing properly as my bump seemed to be getting smaller. Had umpteen scans, was told he was too small and got really panicked as I’d lost a baby late on in between so I really didn’t need added stress, then had a healthy 7.5lb boy with a huge head and rugby players set of shoulders, after a hideous labour as apparently he was in a funny position, hence the decreasing bump size.

So my advice is ignore the pouting and head shaking. Some babies are meant to be small. If numbers 1 and 3 had been any bigger in my case, they would never have come out!