Another reason to "eat your greens"

1 Like

Great news! And, for people who don’t much like cabbage or other greens, the research seems to suggest it’s a step in the right direction to eat mice who do, even if you have to eat more greens-gorged mice than the RDD (Recommended Daily Dose) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How many greens-gorged mice make up the RDD Peter, and are organic ones better ?
Maybe not these ones though :rofl:
mice

4 Likes

That would suggest vegetarians do not suffer from bowel cancer, unfortunately they do, even Gujarati’s who have come from a long line of vegetarians.
Anyway the daily wail cured cancer with an aspirin years ago.

2 Likes

Those mice look so sweet, well-marinated too, especially the prone one with hiccups. Ça glisse dans la gorge comme le petit Jésus enveloppé en velour. Delissshh, but I couldn’t manage more than three at one sitting.

2 Likes

“C’est le petit Jésus en culotte de velours”

1 Like

Thank you, Babeth ! I read that somewhere when I was a schoolboy, and have always (half) remembered it, it just stuck in my memory vaults, a bit cobwebby now!

1 Like

Mmmm! try battling through my “vault” cobwebs!

It’s an expression mainly used to express your pleasure drinking a very good glass of wine !

So I’m stretching the meaning of the saying by using it to describe the exquisite pleasure of swallowing an amuse-bouche of souris beurrés…? But they are furry. :thinking:

Yes, you got the “velvet” effect !

1 Like