Anti Covid Vaccinations and Covid 'Passport

Actually @zilla Ameli are fibbing. Other countries have both names on the EU covid passport (seems it’s not only the UK that blames all problems on Brussels!)
The general view is that your carte de sejour will be fine. You could also carry a copy of your mariage certificate if you want a belt and braces approach

I found the following on the Ameli forum, which indicates that your Carte de séjour should be sufficient to prove that you are you ! See 2 below. Just as a Carte d’identité has both maiden and married names.

Pourquoi mon nom d’usage n’apparaît plus sur mon attestation de vaccination certifiée ?

Depuis le 3 juin, dans la perspective des attestations de vaccination au format européen, les attestations ne comportent plus le nom d’usage, afin de se mettre en conformité avec le droit européen.

1. Pour les personnes divorcées ayant clôturé leur cycle vaccinal avant le 3 juin : elles peuvent télécharger une attestation ne mentionnant plus leur nom d’usage sur le téléservice dédié : https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/. Elles peuvent par ailleurs, si elles le souhaitent, mettre à jour leurs données d’identité auprès de leur caisse d’assurance maladie de rattachement pour supprimer le nom d’usage qui était connu. Ce topic devrait les aider : “Changement de nom sur la carte Vitale”.
  2. Pour les personnes regrettant l’absence de leur nom d’usage sur ce document : il faut savoir qu’en cas de déplacement à l’étranger, cette nouvelle présentation facilitera les contrôles d’identité aux frontières, les titres d’identité faisant figurer d’abord le nom patronymique.

Thank you, I feel somewhat reassured but will get to the airport in good time in case there is more sorting out to do. For the German end I have a copy of my German pension details that also features both names. I mislaid my marriage certificate decades ago - along with my ex!

2 Likes

Thank you. Yes, Ameli are being economical with the truth - and now they know there’s a problem they could easily rectify it with scarcely more than the flick of a switch. Meanwhile I’m taking all documentation I can find featuring both names.

1 Like

Have a good trip!

1 Like

Will do!

Based on the info above should I be worried that my CDS and both vaccine certs only show my married name? Seems like maiden name is a requirement based on the statement ‘les titres d’identité faisant figurer d’abord le nom patronymique.’

Perhaps we are overthinking and overworrying…

Perhaps! It was just after reading this that I thought my maiden name should be on the CDS and that the Prefecture had made a mistake even though provided with birth and marriage certificates.

Sue… If your passport bears the same name as your CdS and that on your vaccine certs… I really cannot think you will have a problem.

best of luck

@Soy1984
Edit: have you printed out the Vaccine Passport, as well as having it on your phone ??

Thanks! Name same on everything and have printed out Vaccine Passport & have it on my phone so all ok. Was only freaked by the Ameli explanation above as to why the nom d’usage couldn’t be used, when the vaccination centre used it for me.

On this morning’s 7am France 2 News, the question was specifically raised concerning those with anti Covid vaccinations overseas. This follows President Macron sweeping changes announced yesterday and the forthcoming requirement for a Passe Sanitaire to live a normal life.

It was made clear that Astra Zeneca vaccinations are recognised world wide, so there is no reason why vaccination documents that list dates and batch numbers cannot be recognised in France.

How one can convince petty officials of this at Covid Centres is another matter.

A reference to Amelie was also made but I missed that bit.

So it seems that anyone like me who has had both AZ jabs overseas is entitled to have the details recorded on their French health record / Carte Vital and hence be able to obtain my ‘Passe Sanitaire.’

In the meantime I will just have to visit other vaccination locations in the hope that I will finally with a find one with a receptionist who does not believes it’s her duty to flatly refuse any reasonable and valid request that is outside her competence to deal with. Or maybe just ask to speak to someone competent such as the Doctor in charge.

@Farthing

I feel you are unfair to the hardworking Covid-centre staff … who are dealing with non-stop vaccinations.
Queries should be directed elsewhere… rather than at them.

Have you discussed this with your own doctor here in France … ???
He/she might well be able to advise you how to get your Vaccs noted on your Medical History … and if that really cannot be done… at least he/she can explain why …

1 Like

@Farthing , I’m a little puzzled. Are you a French resident or not?

I’m wondering how tourists will manage - this group will have been vaccinated overseas and will not be in the French health systems.

Presumably the EU Digital Covid Certificate will work for EU citizens - but what about those of from the UK, or US or (eventually) Aus/NZ?

Yes Paul - precisely my point. I believe visitors from the UK (including second home owners) are currently not allowed into France. Travellers from Aus/NZ were (prior to the Delta outbreak) on the strength of their record of vaccinations in those countries.

So two questions for those of us with overseas vaccination need to be addressed and resolved with / by whoever knows the bureaucratic ropes

1 How can anti Covid vaccination records from overseas (UK / Aus / NZ) be entered on the the French Health system / Amelie

2 Why cannot visitors from the UK enter France if they’ve been double vaccinated?

Not quite - UK is still in France’s orange zone so Brits are allowed to enter France.

Fully vaccinated individuals have no restructions.

Unvaccinated (or incompletely vaccinated) individuals must have a compelling reason for travel.,

All must have negative PCR tests prior to travel.

Those not fully vaccinated must self isolate for 7 days and take a PCR test at the end of that period.

They can.

But the reason they probably shouldn’t is 34k new cases a day in the UK and rising rapidly.

3 Likes

I think there is a lot of confusion at the moment…

1 Like

Not surprising as the rules change frequently.

My covid vaccination certificate has the wrong date of birth … told them at the second jab and they assured me they would get it corrected (by the original MT that registered me on the jab system) - nothing. I am not in the French health system yet (I have PHI) so its difficult to get any assistance to get it resolved.