Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Absolutely my principle :smiley:

1 Like

Hi

Went to see Couleur Terre last week, very entertaining and GRATUITE

Going to see Fourth moon next week for 9 euros each

Cannot recommend it too much.

Andy

1 Like

Just sent you a PM about Fourth Moon :smiley: Shame I missed Couleur Terre but when we got the Villes en Scene brochure, the nice people at the tourist place gave us several other brochures regarding local events too and some of those look good as well. Not as cheap as Villes en Scene but still pretty good!

And no washing up to do.

1 Like

Another free spectacle! Lots of street theatre around too. So after 18 months it was so nice to look at something that was not a tree!

6 Likes

Just received my new Barclaycard - sent to me here in France.

see Barclaycard closing our a/cs on November 16th!

I have received notification that Tesco are cancelling our credit card as no longer live in UK - not an issue as havenā€™t used it in years.

My border collie pupsterā€™s mum just gained a first at the midland Border Collie show handled by the same 11 year old who just gained my pupsterā€™s brother his qualification for Crufts 2022ā€¦.:slightly_smiling_face:

(His mum gained her Crufts certificate before she had pups but good to know sheā€™s still qualifying and helping a young handler with her confidence :heart:)

Hereā€™s my reprobate for comparisonā€¦one of these pics makes me think he was auditioning for The Shining :grinning:

(Deleted the photos as I am informed thereā€™s an error in my uploads :thinking:)

4 Likes

Please try again Helen, this is one of the easiest sites to get photos onto. :wink: :grinning:

2 Likes

Last Saturday, I played in my first-ever repetition (rehearsal) with the orchestre (town band) Iā€™m joining. The repetitions started in mid-September, but I had to miss the first ones. It was such a good feeling to get to practice in person with other musicians. Though I didnā€™t have to wear my mask while trying to playā€¦ Even so I do think I can appreciate what you felt. Cheers.

2 Likes

Yes, that is soooo cool! That took years for all of the legal permission to finally go through, I think, did it not? And Christo has passed away, so itā€™s great they kept at it and made it happen. And, the plastic covering is supposed to be recyclable. Thank you for the photo!!!

2 Likes

Husband from the UK just received his permanent CDS in the mail.

1 Like

I know and I donā€™t usually have any problemā€¦

Hereā€™s his audition for The Shining :grinning:

5 Likes

And hereā€™s his gorgeousness in a more relaxed mode but heā€™s very intense and never takes his eyes off meā€¦sometimes I think heā€™s sleeping but he moves as soon as I moveā€¦:grinning:

I love him to bitsā€¦heā€™s so funny :heart:

6 Likes

Beautiful, thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Looking forwards to lots of photos of Jules and your new additionā€¦.we never seem to have enough hands when interacting with our 4 legged friends who seem very adept at knowing what weā€™re thinking before weā€™ve even thought it :grinning:

New 33 metre line for Noubia the newbie arriving tomorrow, bright blue to make it distinguishable from the red one of Jules. Ideal for trailing through the forest with hands free. Then, maybe, some photos. :wink:

Plan is that, unlike Jules, not with hunting genes, she will be offlead very soon. Never had a dog before Jules that wasnā€™t. He is a one-off.

For the moment, after a long and fearful life, she is reluctant to leave the security of the garden.

4 Likes

It arrived (the 33m) and she was attached. A few teething problems as these red and blue streamers streaked out into the forest, but generally all went well.

The really good news was that, in the open field beyond with both dogs at the full 30 odd metres, I whistled and called them both. Jules returned to the whistle and Noubia raced straight back to my call of her name. :smiley:

I feel it may not be too long before Noubia, like Harper Grace before her, will be running free while Jules remains with the lunge. :laughing:

5 Likes

@hairbear ā€¦you echo my wife, a roasted gammon joint and gammon rashers are missed, there are similar cuts but they arenā€™t quite the same. With the recent rule changes i canā€™t see any being imported now. There seems to be a very kind of pork cut in France and some unique to France except (cured) gammon.

So todayā€™s good news for us is that our CdeS arrived less than four weeks since we went to Cotes dā€™Armor PrĆ©fecture.
In fact looking back getting them and Carte Vitale and driving licence (once deal was done) all went incredibly smoothly with any hitch at allā€¦guess we have been lucky on hearing of some of the problems.
ā€¦but now I can worry about losing it, so unless Iā€™m going far I will leave it at home and if challenged apologise for forgetting my wallet that contains it ! I understand that getting a replacement of it and also of a driving licence is both expensive and a hassle!

2 Likes