Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

I can go with that! :smile:

1 Like

After reading your newsā€¦ I checked for our annual summer visitorā€¦ but no sign yetā€¦
this photo is from the last timeā€¦ as you say, it magicalā€¦

2 Likes

We are having our first guests in the gite this afternoon. This was a booking being carried over from 2000.
What they will think when they find that we arenā€™t allowed to use the pool I canā€™t imagine.

1 Like

Sadly, heatwaves like pandemicsā€¦ are unpredictableā€¦ and each situation has to be dealt with in accordance with advice/rules/whatever.

If your area has official water-restrictionsā€¦ it just needs to be conveyed to your guestsā€¦
itā€™s not your faultā€¦ (but do double-check what the restrictions sayā€¦)

The cheerful news is surely that you will have guestsā€¦ :+1:

Why cant they use the pool?

Iā€™m up to 67 I should have been retiring next month. Thing is I donā€™t actually feel ready to give up entirely, but I am ready to drop some hours. Fortunately I should be able to

1 Like

Private Pools are one of the first things to be the object of water restrictionsā€¦ folk might need help to keep abreast of/understand prefectoral interdictions ā€¦ itā€™s not the Hostā€™s faultā€¦ this might be Janeā€™s situation.

Iā€™ve interpreted our rules to be you canā€™t fill a pool (from scratch) but you can top it up to prevent damage.

We have had another look and we are in this category, so we can top it up, at the moment.
Last year it went from Alerte to Crise overnight!

Just watched a Golden Oriole hopping from branch to branch in our sour cherry tree, then move off to the plum trees. Only second time Iā€™ve seen one in our garden in 15 years, though they are all round us in the woodland in the valley. Hopefully the plum trees might lure him/her back over the coming weeks. :grin:

4 Likes

They are so beautiful and so timid.
We hear their musical fluting call, but rarely see them.

1 Like

Just come back from St Vincent de Paul having left a carload of stuff that has been cluttering up the place - hopefully it will all be useful for other people.
Lovely feeling coming back with an empty car. :grin:

5 Likes

I cleaned my kitchen table

Doesnā€™t happen often.

7 Likes

Stunning - is the stone from the place you recommended in Bergerac?

Yes I should think so! The marbrerie by the big graveyard.

My kitchenaid is the same colouršŸ™‚

1 Like

Temperature currently a VERY pleasant 21Ā°C. All windows and doors open. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Rapidly getting overrun by veg :partying_face::partying_face: a very nice problem to have :grin::grin: so far:

3.5kg courgettes
1.1kg cucumbers
2.1kg aubergines
14 lettuce (trying the cut and come again process and itā€™s workingā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ a bit too well :grin::grin:)

No ripe tomatoes yet, but an enormous amount starting to ripen - looks like a deluge of them about to descend on me :flushed:

2 Likes

Hope you have a good freezerā€¦

Courgette pickles, courgettes cake, courgette ā€œmeatā€ balls, courgette soup, courgette spaghetti, your options are near endless!

3 Likes

And certainly getting through alot of recipes - and the courgetti machine has been an absolute blessing - having fun cooking and just love the fact Iā€™ve produced all this ā€˜stuffā€™. And I thought Iā€™d started off small, as plan to allocate more of the ground to growing after the current experiment :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like