Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Indeed I have and done thousands of kms with it. Mine is more for overnight sleeping on journeys rather than camping so does not have the kitchen arrangement in the back. Just a large foam mattress but room for a small gas bottle and car battery to operate the internal lights and the heater which is cleverly hidden away in the bow front. :grinning:

My good news came last night at 11pm when I finally got Davey installed in the bar owner’s spare room. He had arrived on Monday but the booking had been forgotten and so he spent a first night very uncomfortably on our settee after declining to oust Jules from his bed to mine. :rofl:

Jean-Claude’s place is old style stone and very cool, and clean. Despite the language barrier I am sure he will be better off there. Of course he will spend his days with us when he is not exploring on the hired bike I organised. Like J-C he is also a moto enthusiast and will travel on his pillion to ‘work’ this morning and walk up to us later. Had to leave the velo here as it has no lights.

2 Likes

Today’s cheerful news has arrived early
 :wink:
My 8am appointment at the Mairie to sort out the sono for today’s funeral
 was not the problem/hiccup I had anticipated
 :+1: 
 all done and dusted

and even the walk up the street was delightful
 very, very gentle cool breeze which made me feel just great.
Phew
 the sun is shining, all’s well with the world
 for the moment. :crossed_fingers:

It might well be shining but all is not well with the world. Not many people know this but our planet is spinning out of control to eventually fry to nothing when it rejoins Mother Sun.
I know this because David Icke, or was it Liz Truss, told me. :rofl:

Meanwhile, Davey had a wonderful day at the beach, an etang 15 kms away while I did some stuff at home including 2 hours of French discourse with Chrystelle, resplendent today in short shorts. :astonished: :joy:

Not exactly my former impression of pinafored Mrs. Mops. She even spoonfed cornflakes to Fran who had refused to eat them for me. She did clean a lot while we talked, including polishing up our 38 year old wedding photos and admiring the sexiest 40 year old she had seen in a long time. :rofl:

Of course it was a white wedding, she explained the 3 children to me adequately. :thinking:

3 Likes

Good news here is only 2 days more before holidays.

2 Likes

going anywhere nice ??? as in nice and cool, perhaps :wink:

We just got a great deal on our car insurance @fabien, received email to say the cost has been reduced a little more :clap:

5 Likes

My granddaughter walked for the first time yesterday! It must be the air here
 :joy:

9 Likes

Many months late, but finally got the maps and leaflets that our Regional Park helped us produce, and paid for😁. Very pleased, and a small thing to try to encourage people not to use their car for one day at least!

6 Likes

August means family time!

8 Likes

Lovely, I do envy the way you can see right to the bottom, but not what you have to do to keep it like that. :joy:

Halfway through Davey’s visit and today we have a double booking at the barber’s. Me for the full Monty, hair, beard and eyebrows, him for a trim. When we booked it the other day she remarked how alike we were and winked at me, ‘sauf pour ca’ I said, patting my midriff. He, at 44 is superfit being a daily adherant of Jujitsu and is riding around in all this heat on his hired bike. He remarked how attractive she was after we left, he is allowed, sadly now estranged from his wife who wants to live near him with the kids in Malaga, his next job. No divorce possible though if he wants to see the kids through teenage years to uni, she can’t live in Spain except by being married to a foreigner with a work permit. I wonder if she voted for Brexit :thinking: Anyway, he has to go ‘direct’ to there next week to organise accommodation and the cheapest, quickest and easiest way is Limoges to Stanstead, spend a few hours in the terminal, then jump on another plane to Malaga. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Have you looked at FlixBus? The long distance european network. Get you to Bilbao or Toulouse and can get a flight from there.

1 Like

No, but I’ll pass it on later, though I think he has already booked his flights for Tuesday. There is a 2 hour gap between arrival and departure at Stanstead, so fingers crossed the first one isn’t delayed. :wink:

I had a surprise parcel arrive from my son today:

I had absolutely no idea it was coming - I am still in shock.

It is a gas pizza oven - I have wanted one for ages.

Now time to perfect the making of pizza dough.

11 Likes

Wow! Quite apart from anything else - it looks beautiful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does your son need an adoptive aunt?

3 Likes

Oh very nice. We’ve got an Ooni Pro, but it’s wood-fired not gas. It’s been a brilliant purchase, we don’t buy pizzas any more so I think we might have actually saved money :grin:

For what it’s worth, I found buying some wooden peels on Amazon worthwhile. The Ooni comes with metal ones, but they’re not great for the initial ‘launching into the oven’ stage. The pizzas don’t stick to the wooden ones like they do the metal ones.

My other half is in charge of making the dough but I can get her recipe if you need it.

2 Likes

I am going to try the one in the recipe book that came with it - if it doesn’t work well then that would be great.

2 Likes

I forgot to say, the key to great pizzas is that when it comes to toppings less is more.

Oh and garlic bread is amazing with garlic butter and some freshly-picked rosemary.

Looks like the Space Ship Enterprise, beam me up. Lovely present and enjoy it Mat :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The joys of swimming first thing in the morning. Yesterday I swam early because with Davey here we were going to walk Jules together on the Voie Verte. It was so good that this morning, at 7.30, almost straight from bed, I plunged in for a few lengths. Absolutely wonderful, less of a shock on first entry, in fact none really at all, because for the first time the pond temp was actually, at 20c , 1c above the surrounding air. :astonished: :joy:
So good and after a quick towel down and a hot coffee I feel fully invigorated and ready for the day. :rofl:

6 Likes