Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Same here although I donā€™t have the road through the woods - I could skate on the chemin :grin:

2 Likes

In the last hour itā€™s been melting at a great rate, I could probly go now but no point for 1 class and Iā€™m down as absent! As are most of the kids I understand!

1 Like

We had a smattering of snow in 34 which certainly makes a change. It was so little it was almost like frost, but on a nearby hill it seemed to settle. Was planning a hike this afternoon but decided against it as although the bright blue sky was tempting, the very cold wind won :smiley: hunkered down and about to kick off the wood stove with a nice cup of tea :partying_face:

1 Like

Still lots of ice on my chemin - due north in a sort of gully below my field and a hedge on one side so it never thaws because itā€™s in permashadow.

1 Like

We just came in from sledging on the neighbours big field, so wish Iā€™d thought of it yesterday, was awesome!

And other cheerful news as we came in the electricity came back on after 24 hours! Going to leave the lights on batteries overnight just in case!

4 Likes

Waking up with a cough is not usually regarded as good or cheerful news but, if like me, you spent Tuesday and Wednesday with a very sore throat eventually cured by gargling with an antiseptic mouthwash, Thursday with a bit of a cold and Friday, after an almost sleepless night, with a raging streaming cold and fever made worse mentally by, instead of kind spousal words of care and sympathy replaced by insult and invective, you might, like me, feel somewhat relieved by a clear nose and eyes with just a little bit of a cough now and that after a solid 9 hours uninterrupted sleep. :rofl:

Now, is that a record for one sentence? Donā€™t worry, I did take a breath at each comma. :joy:

11 Likes

I believe I would still hold the record for run on sentences!

Well Iā€™m glad youā€™re feeling better now, but I do wish you hadnā€™t sent it on to me!

2 Likes

Honest guv, it wasnā€™t me. All doors and windows shut or covered and I havenā€™t been out for ages. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

According to Wikipedia James Joyce has a 3,687 word sentence in Ulysses itself dwarfed by a 13,955 word sentence in Rotterā€™s Club by Jonathan Coe so you are some way off the record Iā€™m afraid David :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s also this 427 word sentence each of which starts with the letter ā€œaā€ :dizzy_face:

I hope not prison sentences !

In that case, it would be more run off

:woman_playing_handball:t2:

Just emptied the post box and found a cheque from the government for ā‚¬100 to offset the cost of electricity. :joy:
In addition there are 2 Attestations, one for Gaz (which we donā€™t have) the other for Electricite but I think they are an either/or with the cheque. Not sure, havenā€™t read all the blurb yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Happy Chinese New Year 2023, all!

No rabbits but I do have lucky shuĒxiān , ę°“ä»™ narcissi blooming along the front of the house

Just the ā€˜silverā€™ (white) water fairy flowers, with no golden (yellow) interiors, so probably not winning the Lotto this year.

4 Likes

Same here. Small, triple headed with white centres. Ours came out a couple of weeks ago, but are now unfortunately burried in snow :sleepy:

1 Like

No snow.

2 Likes

OH and I went to meet friends and go dancing in Perigueux on Sundayā€¦ such funā€¦
If any forumites in Perigueux saw a little old lady wearing bright orange trousersā€¦ it was probably meā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
and the Cheerful News is that the roads were beautifully clearā€¦ although perishing, it was a pleasant drive there and backā€¦

4 Likes

Builders are currently renovating/renewing the roof of my next-door barn, and itā€™s freezing out there, but along with the sound of a chainsaw, and thumping noises, I can hear one of them singing!

Enjoying his work!

5 Likes

Bless!

There are workmen building a (beautiful!) open garage for our neighbour. We pass them each day three times and more going down the lane for dog walks. Always say Bonjour! Last week I worried because they were working outside without gloves. They told me it was difficult working in gloves and I asked if they couldnā€™t get some fingerless ones. The foreman jokingly told me not to encourage them because he hadnā€™t funds.

Today they proudly all waved to me wearing their new fingerless Heatguard gloves. Lovely foreman!

:gloves::gloves::gloves::gloves::gloves:

7 Likes

I would have thought working with fingerless gloves was nigh on impossible. I wear, reluctantly, my work gloves (with fingers) when out on the trike, but operating everything, including the brakes, is much more difficult.

But the ride out this morning was exhilarating with the icy wind in my face at over 30 km/hr. I have a huntung cap which has a very large peak, very warm and waterproof, but at speed I have to turn it back to front. Very trendy. :rofl:

3 Likes