Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

We are having our jabs this afternoon.

3 Likes

What a beautiful daughter you have, Geof. Happy birthday to her!

1 Like

Lovely looking women - young peopleā€™s skin is just so joyful. Why did we never appreciate it at the time!

2 Likes

The relief must be monumental. I must say it surprises me you have had to wait so long.

I canā€™t recall how long my first one took to arrive - it was 4 years ago, for Spain. My first S1 for FR was speedy. I do recall exactly how long a buckshee second one took - 7 days exactly, from phone call to arrival.

We got our first Pfizer jabs this morning. Part 2 in four weeks time.:blush:

3 Likes

The puppy ate my last pair of reading glasses a week ago - pack of new glasses arrived from China this morning. Thereā€™s at least 6 months supply at the rate I step on / sit on or the damn dog eats them. But 6 days ā€¦ Considering recently 2 weeks to put packets of seeds in an envelope - 4 weeks to put fencing wire on a palletā€¦

4 sets of reading glasses at less than 80 euros including express postage and 6 days ā€¦

Good news indeedā€¦hope puppy is ok?

Grandaughterā€™s birthday yesterday which totally forgot until late Saturday afternoon. Phoned the bookshop nearest to them, Chatted to knowledgeable woman about what might be good for a 7 year old obsessed with heroines, she offered to gift wrap and send for Ā£2.75 all in. Parcel arrived yesterday - Amazon eat your heart out!

Just never understand why something can cross the world in 3 days, which is same as a bill from just down the road.

3 Likes

Weā€™re doing a spring clean and a long-overdue re-do of the lounge. Itā€™s a big deal for me, since itā€™s the first time in this house that I get to pick the colors! Iā€™m planning on a nice atmospheric color and I think the ceiling as well as walls will all get painted same lovely very pale aqua-blueā€¦ Nice to move forward on this, on a dreary rainy day (though the plants/landscape do/does need the rain).

2 Likes

More countries have followed Denmark by suspending approval of the AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID vaccine. Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, and Italy have now opted to halt use of the vaccine, creating more problems for Europeā€™s sluggish vaccine rollout.
The halts follow incidents involving blood clots in patients who recently received the vaccine

Itā€™s daft isnā€™t it! One batch where there MAY be an issue, and some cases of blood clots at about the same level as one might expect in general population.

At an individual level this is very sad, but at a population level you do more harm by stoping the vaccine roll-out than by risking a handful of blood clots.

We have our fingers firmly crossed that France wonā€™t follow suit!

And anyway this is the cheerful news thread, so Iā€™m putting my fingers in my ears.

And going ā€œla, la, laā€ I hope. :grinning:

Definitely ā€œla la laā€ :smiley:
Iā€™ve been really hoping for something good to share as itā€™s a difficult time for lots of us and so easy to just get bogged down in it, or go round and roundā€¦ However, nothing springs to mind at the moment so Iā€™m relying on everyone else to have something good to tell us! Perhaps tomorrow, Iā€™ll have something too :thinking:

Oh hope so too! We need every scrap we canā€¦

If they are prescription glasses I guess they are well priced but if not you should visit Action or Ecogem and one or two other outlets who sell a big range of reading glasses from 1.5 to3.5 strength for less than 2 euros a pair.
I only use glasses for reading and these are brilliant.

For a change in direction of cheerfulness, I found this ā€œlambcamā€ delightful. Just what I need, a quiet moment watching a flock of sheep as they give birth.

4 Likes

Morning Christopher

Yes it was a worry.

I initially applied in Jan, chased in Feb, to be told it was in the post and wait for another 2 weeks.

Chased again in mid Feb, to be told it had not been sent and they would issue another.

Then low and behold, two letters arrived on the same day, with 2 S1s in in letter.

Much relieved as you said.

Take care

Andy

They are Prescription - and the Action ones are fine for DIY but less than ideal for long term reading.

Yes, it should be cheerful news, but it does seem that the EU is choosing to put down the AZ vaccine at each and every opportunity whilst at the same time complaining that they havenā€™t got enough of it.

Our jabs rdv is due in exactly 2 and a half hourā€™s time. I have the mobile alongside just in case there is a cancellation, I assume we are having the AZ. :roll_eyes:

My 2 foster dogs were becoming increasingly unmanageable walking together. It was not that they donā€™t get on but, the one that howls and barks and pulls in anticipation of wildlife, has begun to infect the other with the same ā€˜virusā€™. She doesnā€™t bark but she was beginning to ignore my recalls in favour of ground scents.

So yesterday I walked them separately. The result was beyond my wildest dreams. Both dogs behaved impeccably, no more howling, no more (or very little) pulling and almost walking to heel when required. Amazing. Even more amazing, the same result again today. :rofl:

7 Likes

Our dog drove us slightly demented as a pup. The worst was wanting to chase cars, and bite the front wheels. Then one day he stopped. Such a happy feeling. Enjoy your two walks a day, and your jab!

And to addā€¦just back from our dog walk, despite rainclouds looming and got caught in a baby hailstorm. But then saw that pulsatillaā€™s were flowering all along the path, so cheerily beautiful even on a cold, grey, windy and soon to be wet day

5 Likes