Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Got some future plans!

Of course you arenā€™t biased, Andy - I fully agree with you :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Plans? Sounds intriguing! You arenā€™t going to join the discerning few in South Manche are you? :smiley:

Watch this space! Got some big decisions to make and there will be many questions for the "discerning few":smiley:

3 Likes

Well Iā€™m happy to be helpful and Andy seems to be a nice chap so there should be help forthcoming! However, it really depends on what you are planning - a factory or housing estate in my quiet little valley for instance would make me rather hesitant :rofl:

1 Like

No, nothing like that. I was thinking "rave":sunglasses::sunglasses::rofl:

:scream: :cry: :cry: :rofl:

(Iā€™m sure Andyā€™s area is a lot more suitable :smiley: )

2 Likes

I am a really nice chap, despite the last social services report. It was not my fault the chicken died.

Sorry Mark, but I have the rave scene pretty well covered here. You get a discount for zimmer users, and Shirley Bassey and Edith Piaf go down a treat.

Andy

5 Likes

I had my second vaccine pique :clap: only two younger family members to have their two doses over the next five weeks and the French connection sorted :grinning:

1 Like

I used some left over pipe fittings to put a short hose on an old water feed into my pool plant room and now I donā€™t have mess about with dragging an external hose in when I have to prime the pool pump.

4 Likes

Booked dinner for the two of us at our favourite restaurant in Agen for the evening of the 15th. :grin:

7 Likes

We have a date for our interview at the Prefecture.
I was surprised that up to date photos were not included on the list of wants.
Has anyone alse not needed photos?

3 Likes

Iā€™d take them anyway to be sureā€¦

2 Likes

Yes Iā€™d take them too.

As others have said - take a photo just in case.

In fact, take several! My paranoia was such that I took 6 photos with me and only 1 was used. But you never know ā€¦

By the way, my interview was short and painless, but there was one unexpected question: I was asked for the name and birthplace of my parents.

We are going to have a new set taken this morning. JIC.

1 Like

I found a new local nursery today and visited it. It is absolutely brilliant. My m-in-law, who was a great plantswoman, would have loved it and in amongst my haul I managed to replace a couple of plants that she gave me years ago and I had to leave behind in the UK :smiley:

After that I went to the nursery run by the excellent chap who has a plant stall at the local market and bought even more plants. Guess what Iā€™ll be doing for the next few days whenever itā€™s reasonably cool :thinking:

1 Like

Envy! Our nearest is over-priced and not wildly imaginative - which sadly reflects local gardeners!

Went in yesterday to get some plants for the commune and they had a nice Acanthus (29.50ā‚¬!!) which I was looking at. Owner came over and asked did I know what it was, as no-one else didā€¦

I hope that wasnā€™t acanthus mollis at that price! Grows like a weed here - I now have rather a lot of themā€¦ I remember my partnerā€™s mum telling me to make sure I had them in the right place because I would never be able to get rid of them :smiley:

The prices on these plants were excellent and they were good quality too. Grown locally, they have a good chance of surviving in my gardenā€¦

PS I think I bought 20 different plants from the 2 nurseriesā€¦

Yup, it was. But Whitewater, the variegated one. Still Iā€™m sure that one could find it for much less than half that price! We have a mollis that I put in full sun to make sure it doesnā€™t get too comfortableā€¦even so I hack it back hard every year.

Should I ever make it to La Manche I will ask you for some directionsā€¦

1 Like