Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Great definitely need a photo

That’s wonderful David, it must have given you a much needed lift.

Our dog barks and we can see no one, until either someone comes down the lane, or we see nothing and assume that she has seen a cat.

Here is a 'photo from me of the dress I have just knitted for our neighbour’s one year

old little girl.

11 Likes

Really lovely Jane!

thanks. You make the ‘smocking’ by knitting rows of knit between the purls and then sewing the tucks.

1 Like

That is beautiful, Jane! I am profondément admirative :blush:

Knitting needles by hand or a machine, Jane? It’s lovely and she is a lucky little girl.

I don’t own a machine Karen.
Everything is hand knitted.
I am doing fingerless gloves at the moment for my daughter at the moment. I have already knitted one pair with an owl design and am starting on another pair. Will post the 'photo when they are finished.

2 Likes

Just got my very first astrophotography photo processed. It’s the Andromeda nebula. You can see some of the galaxy structure, but next time I’ll do much better. Here it is

It was underexposed for the camera I have. I need many more, much longer exposures.

12 Likes

You’ll need a tracking mount if you want to shoot astro with exposures longer than 15 seconds or you’ll get startrails all over the frame.

I do have a tracking mount, a HEQ5-Pro, and I use tracking software to improve on the mounts own tracking. The image was created from 31 120s exposures. Looking at the images in my astro software, only about 20% of the dynamic range of the camera was used, so exposures need to be much longer. I recon I need about 4 to 5 hours total exposure to get a decent piccy.
Edit: BTW, I attached a fairly low res image as the high quality jpg is 14mb. The high res image on a big monitor looks better.

1 Like

Good news this morning, Noubia, after being very frightened and reluctant to leave the garden, appears to have finally conquered her fears. Once before I got her as far as the field but only with a lot of cajoling on a shortened lead. Yesterday I clipped her onto the long blue line (but only by hanging on to her to stop her running back) and then left her at the open forest gate to set off with Jules on the red one. We walked up through the forest, and, just as we got to the top and were about to enter the top field, she caught us up, :joy: and stayed with us in the top field and back down again. :smiley:

Today, even better, after a slight hesitation, she came with us from the off. All the way through the trees and around the field. Often she raced Jules but in the top field both were at full stretch in different directions, with me the crucifix in the middle. :rofl: But at the whistle she raced straight back to me. :smiley:

7 Likes

My neighbor sharing some of the last of her dahlias :grin:

12 Likes

Wow absolutely amazing!

Looks brilliant. I love the hem. I was brought up on home made knitwear. Each Christmas bring a much needed upsize of my winter jumper.

1 Like

Here is young kitty teasing June who’s looking very sceptical

4 Likes

They’re wonderful. I love Dahlias. Some of ours are still going strong. Weirdly, it’s the rusty red coloured ones that always last the longest.

That’s one very confident young kitty. Keeping eye contact though 
 you can’t be too careful :cat:

Ours are also still going strong.
A few years ago my husband dug up our rusty plate size dahlias (quite old) and threw them where all the grass cutting go. For several years after they pushed through the cuttings and we had a superb show.