Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Another glorious day in the dual streamer dog saga. :rofl:
Once again Noubia raced after Jules into the dark forest both trailing their red and blue lines. I caught up with them half way by which time they had taken different paths. Suddenly Jules let out his hunting howl and I saw the red streamer streak past me to exit the forest at the top left corner.
I raced after him calling Noubia to follow but glanced behind me and saw that she had stopped. She was looking in the other direction and I saw a flash of red rapidly descending the forest again. It was him, he had run along in the field and re-entered at another spot. Soon Noubia was after him too and all I could do was keep shouting ā€˜home Jules home, home Noubia homeā€™

As I emerged onto the path I was just in time to see a red and a blue streamer disappearing back through the gate into the garden. Yes !! :joy:

8 Likes

Yesterday I walked them both separately and the result was a calm and obedient experience. Jules was his usual racing here and there, but responsive, self.

Noubia, also calm, stuck with me all the way though once in the top field, did run about, but again came straight back on recall. :smiley:

The reason for separate walks? This in brackets because of negativity. ( The previous day, the first trailing line but un-monitored, day she disappeared from view and came back when she was ready and I couldnā€™t chase because of holding Jules)

Weā€™ll get there. :grinning:

4 Likes

Itā€™s late October and were on the beach - this is one of the reasons to move to France.

The sea is a bit nippy but fun in the waves.

6 Likes

Wild swimming?

Pleased to report that our extended family has increased by 1.
The Stork delivered a lovely baby girl, 9lb 4ozā€¦ mother and baby doing very wellā€¦ :hugs:

11 Likes

Congratulations Stella, whatā€™s that in ā€˜new moneyā€™? See how Continental I have become. :smiley:

ha haā€¦ no ideaā€¦ that is the weight the kids wrote when they dashed me the messageā€¦
so excited, I seemed to be holding my breath all day until the great news arrived.

4.19kg!! Thatā€™s a bit eye watering! Photos please!

they were told to expect a 10lb baby but very pleased none the lessā€¦

The photos are wonderful (thatā€™s good news)ā€¦ not for publication though (fair enough)

We were talking about being on the beach at Sennen Cove, Whitesand Bay with the children many moons ago, as this warm weather reminded us of how strange it seemed to be warm and on the beach in the third week in October.

25 degrees today, Indian summer :crossed_fingers::sunny:

I always spent Toussaint with my grandparents in St Tropez when my children were small, we all swam virtually every day :sunglasses:

Still swimming twice a day in the pond, been 11c for a week or two. Just cut down the lengths to 2 to avoid the brain freeze, my brain needs all the help it can get, but it still doesnā€™t actually feel any colder than it did in July. :joy:

2 Likes

Shame but totally understand. That they are both fine is more than adequate! Send my love!
regards

1 Like

It was 28c when I left the lycee (Perigueux) this afternoon! Cooled a little once I was moving but a stunning, stunning day! Was quite jealous when I got home that dh had spent the afternoon in the garden mowing!!

2 Likes

Particularly as he could have been digging you a swimming pond. :rage:

I somehow feel that there should be a slight difference between St Tropez and almost at Landā€™s End.

2 Likes

Upsetting in the beginning but this is a heart-warming dog rescue. A long but enthralling video which says it all about those who care for defenceless animals. Very happy ending.

2 Likes

He saves many animals :innocent:
I would need to have a ā€˜wordā€™ with that owner to make sure he did not get any more dogā€™s, but that is my ideal world