Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

Snow!!! We have snow!!! OK it is just a fine dusting like icing sugar but still it is snow so Iā€™m a happy Tory :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Snow here too :smiley:

And -2. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Since OH doesnā€™t eat meat I use grated cold butter instead of suet and that works fine. Otherwise Saindoux

You can have some of ours

2 Likes

Lovely! Please may I have some as well. :grin:
Whereabouts are you Jane?
I remember years ago driving from where we lived near East Grinstead to Tunbridge Wells (about 15 miles). We had no snow, they had loads.

Yes please Jane!!!

It started coming down harder, the most weā€™ve ever had here in 7 years (and still falling very lightly!). My friend and I went for an hours walk in the woods, was magical!!! Got home to a hot shower and just waiting for the coffee to brew so I can get on with some work! My deriere is still freezing, need to wear a better coat next time!

5 Likes

Yes we have snow too, very rare in our little corner, a bit more than Toryā€™s but not much, and will be gone by teatime. :slightly_smiling_face:

Other good news is that I finally managed to get through to the surgery this morning and we have our vaccs booked for December 14th. Fired up with that success I then phoned the hospital and rebooked the failed follow up appointment for the 7th. I have to ring the surgery again at 3pm to see if my request for a wheelchair precription has been activated. If so I will have to go and get it tomorrow (unless they can email it) and book it with the new pharmacy for both those dates. :smiley:

5 Likes

I thought the 7th was when the social people were going to do the assessment @David_Spardo ? Perhaps I got that wrongā€¦

Youā€™re right, the Perigueux rdv is the 6th. The main thing is I have it right on the calendar. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

Boo hoo started raining here and all gone!

Absolutely! Iā€™d be stuck without writing these things down these daysā€¦

2 Likes

Why do you think they come in transparent pots from the nurseries?

1 Like

I have a feeling you frequent a better class of nursery, Jane :smiley: Lidl has them in ceramic pots - I was wondering about getting one but perhaps I should transplant it into a glass vase or something? Do they need special compost?

All Boostered up today exactly 6 months after 2nd jab. Pleased we booked a while back as earliest RDV,s now seem to be late December.
50 kilometre drive to Nontron but worth it for peace of mind and found an excellent boulangerie that served up a fantastic sandwich of jambon et fromage avec beurre which went down a treat with our flask of coffee.

2 Likes

If you look inside the plastic pot under the ceramic is clear plastic!

Shows how closely I looked :rofl:

1 Like

We havenā€™t bought an orchid for years. Our old ones we bought from UK are still going strong after thirteen years of living in France.

1 Like

I had mine last Monday - exactly 6 months. My partner booked in for this Wednesday, which was the first day, nominally, heā€™d have been allowed to do so under the rules pertaining last week. Just looked and, surprisingly, there are still some slots free this week in St Lo. Possibly because they have opened at least one more centre. Iā€™m quite impressed!

Itā€™s a bit of a distance from us, but we know it from before, which is why we decided to go there. It doesnā€™t have any good boulangeries that Iā€™ve found so far though, unfortunately, so we canā€™t quite match your experience, John!

Which one was that? The one on the right at the top of the main street? Or another?
When I am in Nontron roughly around breakfast time I go in Super Uā€™s cafe, Really good and plenty of choice, but it wasnā€™t open last time I called in. ;-(

Talking of Nontronā€¦ there used to be an interesting place which made cutleryā€¦

Our Club arranged a visitā€¦ absolutely fascinatingā€¦ and I bought a small folding knife to have in my handbag, ready for casse croĆ»te and picnicsā€¦

No idea if it still exists, but well worth a visit if it doesā€¦

My student at the chambre de commerce was telling me about this last week! It is a knife factory and museum and apparently very good and still alive and kicking!

1 Like