Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Our girls when they were small had little pedal cars which they took to the tree peony which they called their petrol pump!

1 Like

I am very lucky. It is a travel set of Clarins Eau Dynamisante Moisturising Body Lotion and Fragrance, which I love…

1 Like

And I didn’t know what an intersectional peony was! Thanks Jane, just googled them and they are gorgeous and sound a really good idea. Best of both worlds.

Happy Easter everyone.

4 Likes

Sue,
I’m very glad that you posted the picture of your peony.

I’ve been wondering what two of the plants in our garden were, and now I’ve been enlightened.

2 Likes

2 Likes

He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.

Happy Easter!

You could also try preserving it in jars in oil? I’ve just done a couple!

That is absolutely gorgeous Sue. We have a yellow tree peony, which is incredibly prolific - not out yet- always looks lovely. I shall look up intersectional peonies @JaneJones as I hadn’t heard of them either.

1 Like

Lovely Colin - Our big magnolia has just come out too. The smaller stellata one has been out for weeks and alsways cheers things up a lot :smiley:

Creative and slightly mad Sydney hotel quarantiner Dave Marriott and his horse Russell…

3 Likes

It looks as though we might avoid the very cold weather coming down from the north. Hopefully, it will mean that the blossom on the fruit trees will not be lost or your magnolias.

1 Like

Yes we had slight frost this morning and -4 forecast for tonight :frowning:

Today’s cheerful news is that I have been working through the boxes brought over by removers last summer when my house was cleared. I got to box no 10000 (or so it feels like) with another 1000000 to go and unearthed some wine and bubbles glasses :smiley: This is brilliant because we’ve been having a smashing time lately and were down to one of each and it’s essential that we both have the same size glasses…

3 Likes

(By the way, for anyone doing something similar and getting removers to pack, I suggest you don’t use the people we did - why on earth the packer felt it essential to take the tops off all the (full) storage jars and pack them in a separate unlabelled box is beyond me. However, he did have a rather bizarre sense of humour :smiley: )

1 Like

That’s the bit I was admiring too.

How exactly do you calculate how to cut exactly the right shape of that bit?

That was easy, top board is level measure along and mark where the ground drops away and cut a board that width, depth at the other end was a full board so mark corner to opposite corner and cut the board in half diagonally, that or make a cardboard template.

Ahhh… clever Colin, thanks.

I am now thinking of putting a suspended floor a bit like your decking to a building I have to renovate. Instead of re-concreting and levelling I am wondering if something like your decking perhaps with insulation in the gap underneath (if the gap is big enough to bother I haven’t measured the drop yet) might be easier quicker and cheaper hmm. Not a job till next year so I have time to think about it. Thanks.

That is what I am doing in the outhouse conversion I am doing, damp proof course then frame, insulation and flooring.

just saw three hoopoe’s in the garden … what a crest they have

5 Likes