Anyone else a gilet jaune?

I was just about to suggest that but Anna beat me to it - even if you don’t qualify you may well get help towards paying the cost of the mutuelle .

Here’s the link to the page : https://www.cmu.fr/

If you have any questions feel free to PM me if you like?

Xx

2 Likes

And here’s the link to the page where you can see if you qualify for top up help - calculator at the bottom of the page

https://www.cmu.fr/cmu-complementaire.php

2 Likes

“Why are CAC40 companies not investing France, could it be that most of their profits are made elsewhere?”
They are investing in France, but they are also active internationally. Are you suggesting a business shouldn’t do work in countries other than where it started?

1 Like

As Véronique says. I don’t understand your question. If a company is operating in France employing French employees and paying French social taxes and business taxes and generally putting money into the French economy, why do you say it’s not investing in France?

1 Like

a foreign person who has lived in France more than in England married to a francaise and 2 French children ,.In france you are helped out if you are very rich or very poor if you are in the middle you pay , i am not protesting about benfits for the unlucky people .I know lots of people who are not entitled to benefits because they earn 20 or 50 euros too much a month

Well, if everything sold in a country was made in that country we might start to reduce the greenhouse effect and keep money in the country

1 Like

That is a wonderful idea in theory, but have you thought about how the effect that would have on the of goods available to consumers? For instance how many models of car would Brits be able to choose from ? And that’s assuming you allow them to import raw materials and components to build them with, otherwise the answer would probably be None.

Thanks Cat, have visited CMU-C page and used the simulator to learn that we aren’t eligible because over the revenue threshold, and that explains why Fabien recommended the mutuelle: we disclosed our joint income to him and that guided his advice and his recommendation, which IMO was spot-on and a great reassurance to us both.

But although we aren’t wealthy, we are not poor by comparison with many or most of the people in our town, particularly working and jobless younger people with children, so no complaints.

But healthcare costs do erode our disposable income, not that we have had to use the doctor a lot, and hope it stays that way! I talked to the local undertaker recently, and sketched out a budget Ryanair-style disposal for myself, one way ticket to St Lo crematorium, no hand luggage, no speedy boarding :joy::ghost::innocent:

3 Likes

No popping over the border to Spain, Germany, Belgium, Italy or Switzerland for illicit supplies of fags, booze, chocolates etc - and keep our cheese and wine for ourselves - sounds like a plan. :sunglasses:

1 Like

when you buy shares you do not invest in the country you are betting that the company will make a profit and give some of the profits to the shareholder. the company does not receive money from a shareholder, he takes money out without doing anything

I’m saying that the restrictions placed on companies here is affecting their investment decisions and extra taxation as suggested by the GJ’s will simply lead to any future investment being made overseas.

Unemployment in France is around 9% and the only way to reduce that is for either the government or large corporations to employee more people but neither is happening, Macron is actually going the other way pledging to cut the number of public sector workers which is part of the GJ’s complaints.

Do you have any links to support that, please, Timothy?

I find that all cars look the same now so what’s the point of having 20 different models of the same car

1 Like

John do you mean a bit like the fiefdoms in Game of Thrones?
I’ve spent most of my life flying the friendly skies and, believe me, the planet is small!!
Then consider that we self-important folk in Western Europe account for only about 6-7% of the global population.
We NEED to trade with the rest of the planet - never mind our neighbours!
Do try and stay real and do try and actually answer some questions instead of simply regurgitating the mantra of your commrades.

Simply because it costs employers too much to recruit. With average employer contributions running at around 60% of gross salary - it’s hardly any wonder the black economy thrives!

1 Like

and replacing the public sector with private companies who then charge us more than the government just like in England

You just have to look at the unemployment figures Anna, job creation is the key to a strong economy and companies simply aren’t investing here.

If you increase the public sector then who pays the salaries, we do via taxation.

at the moment the world trades with China go into a shop and see how many things are made in China that’s real poorer countries just get ripped off

but less than if they were privitsed look at the price of train tickets in England and how much did the government pay to fix the lines the companies left to abandon