Anyone else a gilet jaune?

Was Andorra Brian a bit of a liability then ?

Excuse me, In France, we drive round in 12-year-old Citroen Berlingo’s :smile:

1 Like

Correct Vero, it all kicks off for us in about 6 weeks time, not much to do since last October only filling in loads of forms saying yes to all the same forms that we filled in last year.

2 Likes

so I am a market garden farmer strawberrys and cucumbers now, but before salade poivron spinach. At the moment it’s the quiet period that means I do around 50 hours a week, but come march then I work 60 + hours a week normally I work Saturdays, but for once in my life as a farmer I have taken a few Saturday mornings off.As for the subsidies well its only the big farmers who get that and over 90% of subsidies go to cattle & cereal farmers market garden farmers get NOTHING and that’s the truth I have tried to answer your questions where I can As for knowledge of the welfare system, well I guess I am lucky that I have not needed to learn about all the ins and outs because I never seem to have the right, so I have always worked hard to pay my way and I am far from being comfortable Oh, and for the past 2 hours I have been outside with my spade securing the plastic on my poly Tunnels the Mistral is blowing very strongly and after this note, I am again going outside to check again If you have ever experienced a very strong Mistral then you would understandd

so give me a list of the questions you want answered

Oh come on John - all listed above. Look through the thread and pick whichever one’s you like. No pressure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way - very ‘trendy’ and contemporary to start sentences with ‘so’ … bearing in mind you’ve been out of the UK for sooooooooo long - living in France for 30 years. Amazing how you’ve picked up that little colloquialism! :thinking:

I find it annoying that people in the UK have to start a sentence with “SO” !!!

Argghhhhhh!!!

2 Likes

Drives me nuts Peter - that’s why I picked up on it… hummmmmm

I’d just like to know which publication / media outlet he works for

“As for the subsidies well its only the big farmers who get that and over 90% of subsidies go to cattle & cereal farmers market garden farmers get NOTHING”
But Agreste and Francagimer/ finamatic will help subsidise maraîchers and I am sure they aren’t the only ones. Have you applied for B1 subsidies?

1 Like

Starting with “So”. Trendy?
I did yesterday on a post & I’ve been out of the UK for décades. So, what did you think of that? Ireland 20 England 32
Anyway my last post on this tread still stands. But it looks like your all having a bit of fun & John is learning more about the country he’s so well intergrated in.

1 Like

Bugger, think I did too…

So, time for some light relief…

1 Like

I don’t want to live on subsidies just a correct price for my fruit & veg

Sounds like loads of fun! :smiley:

1 Like

Which puts you squarely in line with the kind of people who are dangling off a cliff and will refuse to grab on to the rope dangling there that can save them because they’d rather crash and burn and blame it all on “the system”.

Seeing as all you do is contradict yourself in nearly every post, all I can guess at is that you aren’t interested in a discussion, you just want to stir the pot. Admirable, I guess, but you’re not really making many friends.

So, so you think you can tell…
( a double so :joy:)

https://youtu.be/tiF-q2h7tSA

4 Likes

so what do you do in life ?

so tell me what do you do for a living ?

’ I don’t want to live on subsidies just a correct price for my fruit & veg’

Your not wanting to live on subsidies isn’t the same as market gardeners getting nothing, though, is it.
I buy my veg (and fruit in summer) directly from a maraîcher, it is fantastic quality. Subsidies help them spiv up their greenhouses etc, they don’t live on them, they use them to invest in buildings and so on.

Woahhhh where did that come from - and why on Earth would you want to know that? Yet another question John? Try answering some of my previous ones please.

Any hey - what about that apero in Avignon ? Where and when suits you best?