Anyone else a gilet jaune?

That depends on where he was an active GJ.

I was active on a roundabout nearby but i’ve never had any problems on any of the roundabouts i’ve been through and that means in many parts of he country.

1 Like

Yes but if he was a busy farmer and doing Saturdays on GJ duty how many did he see ?or did he do his stints on different roundabouts

The GJ’s are still active in my area…

Went to our local town… grim faced GJ’s stopping the lorries from entering the roundabout… and thus stopping everyone else as well…

I was not amused, as we were on an errand and did not have the time to waste. grrrrrrr

The GJs I know stay on the same roundabout.

I’ve never had any problems anywhere i’ve been including many towns and city centres but then again I haven’t been to Paris or Bordeaux etc I’ve been to Toulouse weekdays and not had any problems tho’ saturdays are ‘lively’ I believe.

1 Like

They were out in Langon this morning blocking traffic and stopping people wanting to get onto the autoroute or filling up at a nearby gas station. Their list of demands is growing by the day - Apparently, according to reports one of the most discussed issue in Grand Debat is the 80km speed limit running about even with the SMIC!:confused::confused::confused:

I reckon they are on a loser if they want to scrap the 80k/h… since the number of deaths has dropped overall the country… but it might yet be tweaked just a little…

The antics of the GJ’s have seriously disrupted local commerce and life in general… (I cannot speak of further afield)… most locals are fed up with GJ’s actions, but are muttering in private (and to me as they see me as impartial)…rather than speaking aloud… :thinking:

L’ESSENTIEL

La CGT organise ce mardi une «grève nationale de 24 heures» et des manifestations, à laquelle les «gilets jaunes» doivent se joindre pour la première fois.
Ils réclament une hausse des salaires et justice fiscale, avec à ses côtés Solidaires, des syndicats FO, la France Insoumise.
Plus de 160 manifestations sont prévues et des préavis de grève ont été déposés, notamment dans la fonction publique (DGCCRF), à la RATP ou à la SNCF.

You’re right, of course…my approach would differ in that, if I found his views that different from my own, I would have stopped replying early on ; fewer responses & the thread eventually dies.
My problem from the outset was how quickly the unpleasantness started…John took a lot of baiting which was unnecessary; & the automatic gainsay “he says yes, we say no” took over.
I said earlier about the sarcasm, abuse etc., also completely unnecessary ; then the personal remarks…not really behaviour befitting of adults…it all becomes dull & disappointing; & reads like a bunch of youngsters discovering the internet for the first time.
Just my opinion.

3 Likes

All I would say in reply Bob is that John didn’t do himself any favours bearing in mind he was a ‘newbie’, suggesting that he was more integrated than others was bound to raise some hackles and things swiftly nosedived thereafter.

1 Like

I found Johns views difficult to understand and he made some statements that ‘fact checking’ might have found inaccurate so l, and others, asked him for some clearer and more precise answers. As the thread unfolded it became increasingly obvious that ‘Groupthink’ was taking over. I remarked on it in this post earlier in the thread:-

Well l feel a little solidarity coming on with John, not because we share the same surname but because his freedom of speech is being undermined - OK he has a different point of view to most of us but l will defend his right to express that opinion without being bullied or insulted. He obviously doesn’t know Veronique’s nationality otherwise he would not have said what he did - If he turns out to be an agent provocateur or Journalist trying to obtain some juicy quotes from Brits about the GJ then he has succeeded. If however, he is a hardworking immigrant farmer, who we have not heard from previously who just wants to chew the fat about GJ in France perhaps we should indulge him for just a little longer - without being too aggressive - or am l being naive.

I became increasingly suspicious of John’s motives for continuing to indulge in the back and forth and expressed that view as well as others as time went on.

Your points are well made and are well known to Admin who have recently pointed out that Sarcasm, abuse and ‘snarkiness’ will not be tolerated on the site.

I might as well pack up then if that’s the case because sarcasm and snark is what I’m made of :frowning:

3 Likes

Woooooaaaaahhhhh - exactly what I thought @benvanstaveren …just packing - where did ‘admin’ say that @Dan_Wood?

I freely admit that sarcasm is part of my make-up and part of my humour…hummmmmm maybe time to rethink…I do love a good dinner party but I can’t pretend to be something I’m not. Bad for you…

1 Like

I’ll get your coat Ben.:grinning:

I completely disagree - just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Am I the only person on here who thinks John Wood was actually a french man ?

1 Like

Not at all Peter, not at all - right with you! I called him Jean de Bois quite early on (post #26)…a nod to his alter ego Robin…

Do bear in mind that one of the Jilly Joneses ‘tickets’ is that old chestnut ‘immigration’…(yawn)

That’s a joke right @tim17 ?

It was certainly an attempt at one Simon.

1 Like

A glaring error was the ‘15 deaths of GJ s ‘ comment when someone gets a basic, easily checked. thing like that wrong it does raise eyebrows

1 Like