Anyone else a gilet jaune?

You did indeed Simon. His english is good but not ‘english’ enough for me although that’s not meant as a criticism.
I personally hopes he comes back but then again I always was a bit strange…
As it happens the GJs on the roundabout down the road has perked up again today following the strike called by the CGT. Traffic was slowed and lorries stopped, not particularly nasty but annoying.

Hi Simon - Being a self-confessed and often reprimanded ‘Snark’ l paid close attention to Admin when, about a week or so ago, Catharine posted - "that of late her and James had noticed an increase in Snarky and other unpleasant remarks - she went on to say that perhaps it was due to us all being locked indoors during the bad weather - However, she said this type of behaviour would no longer be tolerated and could result in serious consequences (my words not hers). I cannot locate the post otherwise l would have replicated it here. I dont think l imagined it and l thought it was an appropriate laying down the law.

Perhaps Admin could comment please.

1 Like

This one?

1 Like

No - but thanks

There is an unlisted ‘Forum Behaviour ‘ thread that says that However Catherine herself comments in this thread that boasting about being integrated never ends wel

2 Likes

Yes, I did post something along those lines and no, we won’t tolerate unpleasantness.

However , there’s a fine line between being snarky and sarky (one which I myself frequently trip over :slight_smile: ) and we (James and I )as always, reserve the right to judge each and every case and post on its own merits .

So policy might vary…

2 Likes

Thank you - Your site your rules

3 Likes

Much obliged! There is however that one small problem: I never brought a coat :smiley: You’re stuck with me, I guess…

2 Likes

Are there any options for outright bribery?

1 Like

Abso flipping lutely :slight_smile:

I think I will create a shopping list… you know like charities do - « 25€ buys a rough sleeper three hot meals » sort of thing…

« Ten quid buys Catharine a few jars of Marmite and in return you get 2 free passses » sort of thing…

Every little helps as they say…

4 Likes

I’m liking where this is going! :smiley:

(But in all honesty I wouldn’t bribe you for a free pass, if I’m over the line I expect someone to thwack me :P)

2 Likes

Well I have a very nice line in whips :wink:

1 Like

OMG I knew it!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“Am I the only person on here who thinks John Wood was actually a french man ?”

I wondered because his English was definitely weird but I put it down to not using it with native speakers.

“Can someone message me with what de mes deux means. Innocent Lancashire lass here”

“De mes deux” is a very vulgar way of saying something is rubbish, eg you get a machine fixed by an expert at vast expense but it still won’t work, you are cross and say “expert de mes deux” the deux in question are testicles.

Thanks Vero. A bit like the use of B@llocks then
There are several things that didn’t gel. The fact he wanted a comprehensive answer within an hour of joining, the use of language, timing inconsistencies etc. It really has been silly season

Maybe Vladimir was doing a bit of moonlighting :grinning::grimacing::joy:

1 Like

I… uh… I have no answer to this…

Well I just volounteered so you had better be good !:scream:

What a surprise.