Anyone else having any problems with international parcel post?

I have several small packages from abroad which should have been delivered by now, including two secure keys for my bank account from HSBC - the first was dispatched at the end of March, the second (to replace the first) in early May. I’ve just been emailing someone else about their product which was sent three weeks ago from the UK - they have just told me to wait another week and then get back to them if it still hasn’t arrived.
Anyone else finding that stuff that’s being posted from abroad does arrive eventually? Or if it’s this late it’s disappeared into the ether?
By the way, I’m not expecting miracles. I realise these are exceptional times, but I do think 3-4 weeks delivery time would not be unreasonable. :slight_smile:

We ordered some stuff from Cotton Traders and it was delivered (via La Poste - Colissimo) in very short order so no problems there. Did have some delay receiving my NHS Pension update information by post but the delay turned out to be at their end sending stuff out late (? Covid related)…

Had something from our UK bank… posted beginning of March… arrived towards the end of May…
From the same source, posted in May… arrived one week before the March stuff :relaxed: so there was obviously a glitch during March…

i think there is some movement no from china - just received pkt hearing aid batteries making six weeks delivery instead of usual three

It’s appalling at the moment. Sent in my UK tax return in May, with a suivi, and it stil hasn’t arrived. Also sent my sister a seedling which is normally fine as arrives in 4 or 5 days. Three weeks later it’s still not there…poor plant.

Jane, I appreciate that everyone’s arrangements vary but wouldn’t it be better to submit UK tax return online?
My experience is that you can no longer submit directly on line if your return involves UK property income but there are a number of online companies that act as middle men/women. I use a company that charges £10 per return so for £20 per year it’s all sorted and submitted on line and you get a receipt by return directly from HMRC.

I have to submit on paper, obligatory for me. But why should I pay £10 when I can do it myself for the price of a stamp? HMRC send me the relevant bits of the self assessment, with core information completed, and it take me less than 10 minutes to fill in the rest.

I do it early the tax year, so I have until October for it to arrive in the UK. Even if the post is at walking speed I hope it will arrive by then. As soon as it gets to HMRC they send an acknowledgement.

Thanks for the thought, but I reckon I can use £10 better in other ways!

A few ideas :grin:

1 Like

Or a bottle of wine…:grinning:

1 Like

I have had parcels from Germany, Poland, UK and France, all taking about 4-6 weeks to arrive at the moment. Rather nice when it’s an antique you won on ebay and have forgotten all about, you relive the excitement when you realise what it is!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I’ll just have to be patient. I’m beginning to visualise a scenario where all three of the HSBC secure keys turn up at the same time - two via the post and the latest to be dispatched via courier!

An order from China arrived recently, the order was placed August 2019 :crazy_face::snail:

Hope you get your keys soon, Sue :pray:

It’s been pretty random since confinement started, but I’m told it’s no better in the UK at the moment.

Well I am waiting on a delivery for an order that was placed on 27th April. It’s an international delivery and the whole thing has been such a nightmare. Third day of waiting in now for the “express delivery” that is finally meant to get here. I need it for my work.

A parcel that was sent by post on 30th of April got here on the 2nd of June.

To cut a long story short I feel your pain. :imp::imp::imp:

Oh heavens Marijke! How infuriating. Needing something for work is a whole other level of importance.

In the great scheme of things 3 bank secure keys wending their way gently round the world (or languishing in some covid-ridden sorting office) is neither here nor there. I haven’t been out much, so I’m pretty certain I’ve still money in the bank. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have had a terrible time, and on one parcel, a coat from China, I have given up. They sent it and I tracked it to Paris on the 9 April. There is stayed and then suddenly was out for delivery on 7 May. I have not seen it and I can get no sense from Colosimo. It still shows as out for delivery on the 7 May. Some stuff from the states arrived very late as well, with one package emulating the one from China, but then La Poste delivered it last week. it is not just at this time either. I had a TV, DVD and Bose system due to arrive from Darty. It never arrived, and eventually, they believe it was stolen from the warehouse. Makes you lose faith, just a little bit.

Welcome to the Forum…

These are strange times… indeed.

However, Darty is not normally a problem … not in my own experience, anyway.
Have they arranged replacement goods for the “stolen” order ??

1 Like

I have just received a letter from the UK that has taken 4 weeks to be delivered and am still waiting for a package that was sent from the UK on May 22nd.
It seems that anything coming from outside of France is very hit and miss at the moment, although it does seem to arrive eventually.

I was expecting a parcel from Amazon this week, it didn’t turn up as expected - it was tracked to our nearby post office and then out for delivery but apparently in those final couple of kilometers according to the notification from Amazon a “natural disaster” prevented delivery - it has to be said that the prevalence of earthquakes and volcanoes on the border between Gironde & Dordogne is reaching a worrying level.

2 Likes

Must say that we have not ordered anything from Amazon (UK) or abroad… for a long time… at least 88 days.

What we did order a week ago… arrived in good order… but it was from Amazon within France.

Over the years… if we have had any problem with Amazon deliveries… we have received refund or replacement “swiftly and with style”… which is why we check very carefully who is actually selling the stuff… and try not to use third-party suppliers…

can be a minefield… :zipper_mouth_face: