Anyone for Truffles - buy them quickly and enjoy

1st December is the start…

3 Likes

Or even grow your own. If you do not have too many years on you, plant some. Fifteen years ago we planted several ‘impregnated rootstock’ hazel and oak trees. Two years ago we started harvesting, purely for our own use, 55grams the first year, 140grams last year with this year so far producing over 200 grams and still many to be collected. Look to the future.

2 Likes

Oh, how lovely. :hugs:

We saw the “impregnated rootstock” on sale many years ago… sadly, we do not have the space or we too might be harvesting our own truffles.

Truffles - overrated and overpriced, imo.

2 Likes

Everyone’s taste is different… if you don’t like them particularly, of course they will appear

same goes for so many things…

:hugs:

1 Like

Here are some more expensive foods to contemplate… :money_mouth_face:

I am very happy that my taste buds are content with cheaper products than a truffle…

1 Like

I’ve tasted (and like) truffles - albeit I wasn’t given the top of the range… and I’ve also tasted (and like) caviar - Both are local products, the sales of which boost our local economy, so it’s a win-win situation. :hugs:

But I don’t need either of them on my weekly shopping list :upside_down_face::wink:

1 Like

I love all different sorts of fish eggs and all different sorts of mushroom. Some are cheap, some aren’t.

1 Like

We are so lucky to have friends who share their tasty goodies with us from time to time… and they are happy to receive the odd home-made delicacy which escapes from my kitchen every now and then … :hugs:

1 Like