Anyone from around Béziers?

Hey everybody in sunny Languedoc?

Maybe I should go through everyone’s profile one by one or I might just be missing a quick search thing, I don’t know…I live near Béziers, is there anybody else from this area? There must be!!!

It would be nice to get together locally.

Gudi

Hi,

I'm doing a survey on english around beziers as i'm doing a 6 week work experience for the gendarmerie, here's a letter explaining my goal and a questionnaire that you could fill in, the more I get back the better I do in my degree!!!

Sir /Madam

As a student in my third year of a bachelor’s degree, I have to complete a 6 weeks work experience, which I have chosen to do at the Gendarmerie in Beziers.

The Gendarmerie have tasked me to make a study to find out, some demographic details, the extent of knowledge and how they are perceived by overseas residents

To achieve this, I enclose a simple questionnaire to complete which is to be filled in anonymously which will help complete the study.

I kindly as you to pass this on to any of your friend in the area and to send the questionnaire back to stage.gendarmerie@gmail.com

Tamara CHUBB

Questionnaire

I. Information :

1) What is your nationality ? :

2) Your sex ? :

• Female
  • Male

3) How long have you been in France? :

• 0-2 years
  • 3-5 years
  • 5-10 years
  • 10 years or more

4) Do you have any children? :

• Yes
  • No

5) If so, how many ? :

• 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5 or more.

6) Do you work in France? :

• Yes
  • No

7) If not, do you work abroad? :

• Yes
  • No

8) Do you have ? :

• A primary residence in France
  • A secondary residence in France

9) The village of your residency? :

1. II. The gendarmerie and you.

10) Do you know the difference between the Gendarmerie and the Police?

• Yes
  • No

11) Do you have any knowledge of the Gendarmerie?

• Yes
  • No

12) Do you know which gendarmerie is assigned to your sector?

• Yes
  • No

13) Have you already contacted the Gendarmerie?

• Yes
  • No

14) If so, why?

• To make a complaint
  • To inform them of a theft
  • To inform them of an aggression
  • Other (please precise)

15) Would you like more information on the Gendarmerie?

• Yes
  • No

16) Do you think that the gendarmerie is easily accessible to foreigners?

• Yes
  • No

17) Would you like to come to a conference organized by the Gendarmerie to learn more?

• Yes
  • No

Hi Gudi, I'm living in the Beziers area and looking to make new friends! If you would like to meet up at all, feel free to get in touch!

Jill

Hi, Gudi, please feel free to send me a note if you'd like to meet up, I'm 20 mins from Beziers, and would love to make some friends in the area too.

Cheers, Sian

Hi, Gudi. I will be moving to Agde mid-summer, so will be near your way. I’ve not got into the anglo-community in Montp. while I’ve been here, for multiple reasons, but I very much want to, so maybe we can meet up when I’ve moved?

Sian

Hi everyone - the link to the next meet-up is here www.survivefrance.com/events - kindly hosted by Sandie. Please RSVP via the link if you can make it!

Exellent. Any idea yet of when it might be & when?

Hi Pam, welcome to SFN! Yes of course do bring your partner or a friend. We will just need to know in advance because it helps when planning drinks & nibbles etc!

Hi we’re usually about 10mins from Pezenas, 30mins from Beziers too, but at the moment we’re back in London.

I’m sending some great british goodies back to my French neighbours for the ‘Wedding Street Party’ I’m hoping to invoke from abroad. After all my cat is still British so he can fly his royal flag on April 29th :slight_smile:

Hi Annette, I live about 10 minutes from Pezenas and only joined this network today. I look forward to hearing about a ‘get together’ for SNF members from this area. Can we bring our ‘other halves’ if they have not yet joined?

Hi Gudi, We live about 30 minutes from Bezier and seem to be going there quite regularly at the moment to and from the airport. I would very much like to meet other members living in this area - we live about 10 minutes from Pezenas.

Hi Gudi
At last - it really is SUNNY Beziers
We live in Pezenas - if that is any help
I run the WoW site - it is all about here but in English - give it a try www.heraultwhatson.info - it has events and news and - well have a look - it might help

Finally got my sick computer back!

Annette, great idea! It would be so nice to meet some new people from the area!

I had a crazy thought of a street party on the 29th April, bunting and union jacks :D, If Monsieur le Maire is ok I might just organise something…

James, I didn’t get the zooming part, but as you can see I’m not a brunette :stuck_out_tongue:

What a good idea!

Hi Gudi - we are about 30 mins from Beziers (on a good day). There are a lot of SFN members around here and we are hoping to organise a get together in Beziers/Pezenas in April.

We think we have a venue we just need to fix a date - we’ll keep you posted !! :slight_smile:

Hi Gudi,

I’m about 15 mns away from Beziers.

You’ve got to zoom in Gudi :slight_smile:

I saw the map but it’s like craazzyy!

Lots have a look on the SFN map