Anyone got snow?

I think we are having a really mild winter, so far… but the North looks to be getting some snow soon…

anyone up there ???

1 Like

Snow here… but I’m in the Black Forest :grin:

2 Likes

Black Forest… is it turning white yet …??? :upside_down_face: sounds lovely…

1 Like

My son in Cambridge says it’s snowig plus family in Compiègne says snow is quite heavy. rain in the Tarn.

Blizzard conditions today. OH has just come back in looking bright pink from snow stinging his face. And gîte clients had to be helped yesterday as they have no winter tyres…

Afternoon all

Here in Normandy it’s wind and rain, followed by rain and wind, followed by wind and rain. Been like it since December, or at least it feels like it.

A damp Andy

You are lucky having only wind and rain. We have heavy rain and strong winds, and have had since records began, or so it appears.

Snow in the mountains above Stirling, otherwise on Forth valley floor, having a mixture of sleet, rain, snow depending on the ambient temperature and prevailing wind. Edinburgh yesterday was glorious sunshine, but windy (as usual). Today was as driech as they come.

It’s forecast at some point in the coming week, here in 81.

Nothing in Albi Bob, have you had anything on the higher ground where you are ?

Don’t know Peter.
“Higher ground” round here can mean anywhere between Angles & Lacaune on the north side; & pretty much anywhere in the Montagne Noires to the south…the worst we’ve had is hail

We are at 620 m and had about 1cm of snow one morning last week. Just read on Connexion that this winter has been, on average, over 2°C warmer than usual.

…and Météo-France reports that this winter has been the warmest on record.

In the 22 years that I have been living in the Auvergne, this is the very first where there has been no significant snowfall from 300m ASL to about 800m ASL, with none as far as I can tell falling on the plain at all (300m ASL). We currently live at ca. 600m ASL, and have had no snow laying on the ground at all this winter.

EDIT : even the ski resorts here are suffering, the Mont Dore one has gone into bankruptcy protection (redressement judiciaire), I don’t think Chastreix has even opened this year, and I think the same pretty much goes for Chalmazel in the Loire (although the resort website reports the pistes being open, the webcams appear to tell a different story) . Super-Besse has had a particularly bad time of it, and has just scraped by - estimates putting turnover significantly down due to lack of snow.

3 Likes

Our daughter is known affectionately as “the bringer of rain”. We have all asked her to stop dancing… please… enough is enough… :hugs: :woozy_face:

Morning All

Still pouring and windy here in waterlogged Normandy

Soggy Andy

And now of course, they’ve had a huge dump of snow right on the last day of the Feb school holidays…